NO MORE KEITH URBAN (OR GARTH BROOKS) Keith Urban

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallas Starr

Reaction score
NO MORE KEITH URBAN (OR GARTH BROOKS) Keith Urban - WHAT AN ASS!!!

This big shot western singer asked all Canadians to stand up at the Minot (N.D.) Fair. After Canadians stood up, he asked them all to leave the stands before he would sing because they were not helping out fighting with USA troops. He is a New Zealander by birth (1967), then grew up in Australia (from 1969) and finally in 1992 moving and livingin Nashville, becoming another imported, brainwashed yankie.

Pass this around and see how his record sales do in Canada. Also, Garth Brooks donated 1 million to keep Canadian cattle out of the USA. I guess this helps in confirming that many Americans are ignorant to any other humans in the world - other than themselves. Just recently 8 Canadian Soldiers died after yet another American mistake.

friendly fire.... again

just like the time Canadian soldiers were bombed by the US air force because their intelligence told them wrong information...... And the US wonders why we don't jump at the chance to join in. Until recently (about the last 6 months) there were more canadian soldiers killed by US friendly fire over the past 5 years then by people we were fighting. I know Canadian soldiers are not the only people dying in friendly fire (pat Tillman - God rest his soul.. among others )but come on! To do an act like this is ludacris.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's tragic, but "friendly fire" has always been a part of warfare and always will be. Battles are not conducted to a plan that both sides follow; rather, they can become chaos in a very short time. Solders know that.

It's called "fog of war" Big D. I'm sorry to hear it happened, but just how many soldiers did your country actually send over there? How many did they commit to the war I took part in? (Desert Shield/Storm) How many US soldiers were commited to that one? Just keep blaming it on the US. It seems to be the norm.;)

I guess this helps in confirming that many Americans are ignorant to any other humans in the world - other than themselves.

Yep, that's it. In fact, to further confirm this attitude that many in the world like to hold, let's totally stop all the billion$ in aid that's handed out all over the world each and every year. Really give them a reason to whine.

WOW! As a soldier who has seen enough things go bad, and enough friends that lost their lives. People do die in combat, that is what happens. America fights a certain way and other countries are not totally familiar with that way, this is when things get mixed up because a lack of knowledge and training of each others ways. I PROUD TO BE AMERICAN! If thats ignorant than so be it, but it still me.

guess this helps in confirming that many Americans are ignorant to any other humans in the world - other than themselves.

Regardless of whether this concert stuff is true, false or somewhere in between, I disagree. I think seeing American jobs outsourced to the nth degree to third world countries would make anyone protective of remaining native production, manfacturing, processing, growing, etc. Americans may, on average, be the wealthiest nation, but it is not evenly dispersed. Tell the blue collor laborer that, even though Corning Asahi outsourced his job and factory (true story - the State College, PA plant was disassembled, and shipped to China, and some of the workers even travelled there to train their replacements), to consider himself lucky and to think of "other humans in the world - other than [himself]" and see how open he is to that.

Q,

What type of jobs, though? And what is the transferrability of a blue collor, un- or semi-skilled laborer who seeks to enter a new field?

The net increase is 17,000,000. From 1993 to 2003 (well, 1990 to 2005), the U.S. population increased by 32,000,000. Of course, many of those are too young to work yet. But, the issue is when those folks come of age, there will be 32,000,000 (yeah, subtract casualties, so lower it a little) seeking 17,000,000 (or inflated, perhaps 22,000,000) jobs.

In addition, the replacement of an un- or semi-skilled job with a technology job (or related/comparable field) skews that number. Consider, e.g., a steelworker who is laid off. He or she cannot take a job in a technology field without an education or further training. He or she cannot get that training without breaking their bank or burdening themselves with loans, and by the time those persons are ready to enter the field, they face the handicap of being older than those competing the job (think college students). Their job itself has been outsourced. E.g., think of the Asian steel market. In this way, employment is not equal, and outsourcing does matter. While the United States may be trying to change to a technology and information economy, it does nothing for those who are behind/prior to the curve.

not only those questions posed by Adam, but what about the number of people entering vs. exiting the workforce?

Edit: Adam you beat me to my own thought!

I am not against the US military, I am happy that they are their and proud to see what they do. But this act, which has now been showed to be false, originally got under my skin. I live beside Edmonton Garrison and have watched a long line after line of inividuals paying there respect to fallen soldiers. And the fact that we seem to get so many friendly fire incidents could not be ignored to me. Im sorry that this piece of misinformation got to me, but I hope you see my point.

It may be urban legend, but that won't keep me from boycotting the purchase of albums by either Urban or Brooks. Not because of anything in these fake e-mails--but because I simply don't care for their twangy music. :D

I just thank we have a military. I also thank the soldiers in the past. We all could be speaking a different language now if it wasn't for them.:)

i wish people would stop pushing this kind of crap around. nearly 99% of these things are lies and myths. That's why I don't support boycots of someone or some products because in nearly all cases it's it a fabricated story or people have gotten the facts wrong.

...Rich

So, what's wrong with country music? And, what we really need to be concerned about is illegal immegration from our soughern border. Mexico considers illegal immegration a felony and throws your butt in jail for two years; no questions asked. (from Lou Dobbs new book)

Latest posts