Not a Sport Trac but a 4-trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool! Maybe they can do something like those tow hooks for the next gen ST. Maybe integrate them as the frame around the foglight enclosure and have them fold out when in use.

I like it, especially the "roll bar"

Kinda a short-wheel base ST. Although the styling is highly show caresque, I like it. Can definatly see American truck (Explorer...) influences, espically with that grille. I like it though.

This size is a bit easier to see. Also, I found a link that discusses this concept vehicle.

[Broken External Image]:

Ford 4Trac Concept

Last edited by a moderator:
So, does it have limited slip? Does it have independent suspension? Does its rear window roll down? Do its driveshafts go through a hole in the frame?

Gavin,

Look at the rear end photo in Nelson's link. It looks like a solid rear axle.

Also, keep in mind, people, that this is a concept vehicle. As such, many of it's "whiz bang" features, such as all of the LED lights and the integrated winches probably wouldn't make it to production due to safety requirements and costs. Also, it won't make it to the US, because it would need to be based on an existing platform for cost effectiveness, and Ford isn't going to market something else to compete with the ST. They're not going to bite off their own nose to spite their face.

I like the 4 Trac much better then the Sport Trac.

I like the idea of a solid rear axle and a non-Jetta looking front end.

Tom

“The 4-Trac is a response to the needs and aspirations of a new generation of consumers in Asia and other parts of the world."

What are we, chopped liver? Like this 4-Trac much more than the 2007 ST plan but still have to pay attention to what they're doing in the cargo area that might affect my Truck Vault.

Latest posts