OT: Laptops

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inspiron 6000 purchased last August. Only issues were with the Intel 2200 B/G wireless card. It seems as though some of the cards in tne Centrino units run into issues with signal receptiveness. I ended up sending the 2200 back and Dell sent one of their cards (2370 comes to mind, but I don't recall the exact number). I have not had a problem since.

The 6000 is a good unit, and it travels well. I use it for class. However, because, like all laptops, it is made of plastic, expect the creaks to start over time.

I opted for the 4/4 with accidental damage coverage. As 'premium' as the support claims to be, I still found myself talking to outsourced jobs, who were as hard to understand as anything. In addition, I grew wary of their formulaic approach to problems. You could tell they were reading off a screen, when all I demanded was a new wireless card (Google the Intel card OR go onto Dell's own support forums and you'll see many, many have problems). In the end, a family member is Dell-certified through his employment and put the work into the system. Two days later, I had a Dell card.

Overall, though, the 6000 is a great unit.

Good luck.

Dell makes inexpensive, high quality machines in both desktop and laptop PC's. Their service reputation is second to none. I don't know if you could go wrong buying a Dell PC.

...Rich

Latest posts