Overhead console

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys! So im trying to remove my overhead console from my 04 and i cant get it to come out. I removed the 2 screws in the rear of it but i cant figure out if I need to pull it towards the rear of the truck or push it towards the windshied. Im gunna have to send it off to be repaired...it died! Thanks for the help!!

Kenny

It's a pretty simple solder job to get it working again. I don't know if there is a project listed on this site, but if you google it you will find pics of how to fix it.

It's a pretty simple solder job to get it working again. I don't know if there is a project listed on this site, but if you google it you will find pics of how to fix it.

I've resoldered mine several times. Each time I use a bit more solder and each time the resisters would pop up again. The last time (about a month ago) I soldered the crap out of them....looks terrible but still working.

P.S. When reinstalling the console, don't force it....if you put it back together right

it will fit back in with a fairly solid smack.....:grin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts