Poll: Do you like your job?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My job is very challenging, but that's why I like it. I get paid to be a nerd. I write school Mathematics text books.

im a delivery driver for montgomery county in Maryland. I work at the department of liqour control. I deliver beer, wine, liqour and kegs, And yes i get discounts on wholesale prices and i love my job, eventhough my customer service skills suck when tryin to talk to some1 who cant read, write or even speak english. lol

Yes, I love my job!

Seeing the people later after I have saved their lives from a burning building.....one can never forget.......But also seeing the people die in your arms after you have tried everything to save them......now that can be a hard one!

Those who are truly brave will never live in fear! :)

I enjoy my job. I get to spend my shift standing behind a counter getting paid better than most of the other kids in this college town. Every once in a while I get to help someone out by fixing their car, instead of telling them to take it to a shop. It's a little thing for me, but probably makes their day when I change a head light or tail light, or change their wipers. It's those days where I actually feel like I did something.

For the work and responsibilities I have, yes..I love my job.

The pride we have in what we produce is simply amazing. Knowing there are 5,000 people depending on the operation of our product, we do our utmost to make sure it is the highest quality we can produce.

Tom

23 1/2 years of Air National Guard yes, but the internal politics and short suspense deadlines are getting out of control. There are days when I don't want to go to work.

Some days I hate it , other days I love it:wub:. Kinda like a love hate :angry:relationship .

Most times they leave me alone::p.

The sign on my wall in my office reads "Good morning...Let the stress begin........."

Kinda gets the point across.:blink:

Nelson, you can blame me for sure!

Austin, I used to be a high school math teacher (taught middle school for 1 year and LOVED it, but switched to HS to coach)

The fun part is that I can use my books/lessons to write in scenarios about my friends and family. Everyone I know is in my book, even their pets. LOL

Waking up every morning and putting on the Air Force uniform is a cool thing. Love the job and responsibilities but the budget cuts and politics od service suck a lot.

I was in the military for 20 years and loved the teamwork and camaraderie. When I got out, I found most civilan companies were filled with back-stabbing, egotistical cut-throats that only want to make themselves look better at everyone elses expense.

I also was a Programming Manager and IT Director at a local hospital for 10 years and saw the same political infighting where every department was trying to build their own empire. It was never about saving money for the hospital. I left hospital information systems to become consultant and not have to deal with all those department Emperors!

I am now an IT Professional at a local company. I have been there less than 2 months and they love me, and I love them. What a breath of fresh air...I actually enjoy going to work in the morning, and it's been a long time since I could say that with a straight face :D

...Rich

Gavin, I used to tell my students to snap back to reality and realize that my classroom was their "current real world" and that they need it to pass. LOL Other than that, I cannot think, off the top of my head, of one viable application. I am sure there is some obscure job, somewhere, that uses them....