Poll: Tires - White letters or Black letters out?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
white out looks waaayyy sportier......the black has that ultra rugged madmax look. most of the black out sport trac's i have seen look more like offroaders...i perfer the classy sporty look but i am a suburbanite who drives on a dirt road and says i went off road:p

seems like the white outs are ahead too:p:cool:

Black out. When I bought my GY Fortera Silent Armors, I had them mounted black side out. They definitely look better with chrome rims. The white letters detract from the chrome apprearance.

Also, on this and my '02 ST, and the last two Rangers that I've owned, the white lettering begins to deteriorate after about 25,000 miles, and they end up looking like crap. If I buy another new vehicle with white letters out, the first thing I'll do is switch them around to black out.

[Broken External Image]:

White OUT!

Just prior to washing my ST, I shoot the tires with Bleech-White. The letters are just as white today as they were 35,000 miles ago.

On the smaller, high performance tires, such as those on my 04 Cobra, Black OUT. In fact, most, if not all of the high performance tire companies don't even offer white letters.

David <><