Power rear window staying open

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DKF

2008 Limited
Reaction score
Right after I had my HVAC actuator done a couple weeks ago, I open my back window and now it wants to stay open. When I press to close it - it will go up then back down to open. I played with it and I can get it staying in the vent position but cannot fully close it anymore. I know I had my battery unhooked when they replaced the actuator so maybe something wasn’t reset after that? I’m probably going to have to take it back for them to figure it out but I was just wondering if I could do something on my end to check or fix it and save a trip back to the shop. Thanks in advance!

Window Motor Initialization — Rear
  1. Open the driver door. The door must remain open through the entire procedure.
  2. Insert the key into the ignition and cycle to the RUN position 5 times, ending in the RUN position.
  3. Depress and hold the power rear window control switch in the down position for 3 seconds and then release.
    1. NOTE: When performing this step, movement of the rear window may not be seen, but the rear window motor will be active.
  4. Depress and hold the power rear window control switch in the down position for 3 seconds after the rear window stalls in the full down position.
    1. NOTE: If the rear window does not operate when performing this step, repeat steps 1,2 and 3.
  5. Depress and hold the power rear window control switch in the up position for 3 seconds after the rear window stalls in the full up position.
  6. Verify correct operation of the power rear window by moving the window to the VENT, fully OPEN and fully CLOSED positions. If the window does not operate correctly, carefully repeat this procedure.
https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/08-sport-trac-back-center-window-issues.487597/

Latest posts