Question about idling ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Cobb

Reaction score
I have an 03 Trac. Tonight it was driving fine. I parked it for like 2 hours and when I wen tto start it it was idling very low. If I barely pushed in on the gas pedal it would rev up but if I pushed too far it would cause the truck to stall. So I made it to work like this and 4 hours leter when I came out the problem was gone. It is idling in between 1 and 2 right now so not exactly sure whats wrong. Any ideas at all ? Any advice is helpful. I think I'm going to change the fuel filter and run some injector cleaner through it.

I have the same issue from time to time. I just replaced the fuel filter and still get it. This answer I'd love to see.

I had this happen to my '01. Went home, dosconnected the battery, waited a couple of hours, reconnected the battery, reset computer according to the owners manual. It never happened again..........doug

Yeah, I've reset my computer and still have the issue from time to time. I'm also thinking my alt. or battery may be on the outs, I'm getting those checked this weekend and will see if that fixes it.

Disconnect the battery and clean the major 3...

IAC,

MAF

Throttle body......

IF not Check the common vacuum elbow and see if it is cracked...

Todd Z

Rich,

I know there are projects on cleaning the IAC and Throttle body,

The MAF is simply spray with contact cleaner ( radio shack) like 2 seconds and let it dry..

Here is the MAF and spots you spray and the vacuum elbow you must remove to check, IT cracks on the bottom, not the top..

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont have a ST, but I do have an F150 and I had the same problem. I changed out the IAC (idol air control) valve and it solved the problem.

Hope it helps.

Latest posts