REALLY fast Left turn blinker

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H C

Reaction score
Okay, I have a strange question. I don't know if this is related at all or not, but I had a subwoofer & amp installed the other day. Anyway, I noticed this morning, that when I turned on my left blinker, it's going like triple fast of what it used to. The superfast click in the cab is annoying as ****. The right blinker is acting normal. So when I got home, I checked what it looked like on the actual headllight. Sure enough, the front left blinker light is blinking super fast, but the rear blinker isn't working...Again, the right blinker works normally....I haven't tested the brake lights to see if they work yet because I'm the only one that is decent to go outside at the moment at my house...lol

Anyone had a similar issue?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably just the lamp in your rear that's not working. Cheap fix. Try that first.

So are you saying the fast blinker is something that lets you know a bulb is out?

That would be sweet.

Yup. A screwdriver and under a buck. Less than a 5 minute fix or u r doing something wrong. LOL

In 2001-2003 models, the culprit would probably be the infamous loose wire in the steering column. Does the blinking rate change as you tilt the wheel? I'm not sure if the connector was changed after 2003, someone else probably knows.

If the bulb change doesn't fix it, I believe there is a project that goes step-by-step on how to fix the loose wire. I did it on mine, took about 2 hours.

Tilt the wheel all the way towards the windshield...... see if that fixes it..

Todd Z

Thanks for advice...I tried tilting the steering wheel and that didn't fix it, so I'll try replacing the bulb...Thanks!

Krash,

Disconnect the battery neg first. Mash the brake or turn on the headlights. Drain any residual current. That way you dont set off the air bag.

Seperate the steering column cover halves. You will see the wiring harness. Make sure it is pluged in solid. Look for any broken wires. After the repair, pull some slack up from the lower portion. Ty-rap that part of the harness tight to the column.