rear view camera

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Fenwick

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
I was given a rear view camera for the S/T. The camera seems pretty straight forward, 12V from the back up lights. The screen to hook onto the mirror also needs power when put in reverse. Is there a easy access to 12V power when put in reverse under the dash? The instructions aren't worth much!

Merry Christmass Ed

Do you want hot at all times or switched power? Perhaps a simple tap connection at the fuse box in the left end of the dash panel.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Fuse panel, great idea Paul thanks.

God bless. Ed

I put a few backup cameras on mine (get to that in a minute). They were all wireless. You tap the camera into the backup light, the monitor was basically "hot" all the time but the screen would be blank until you shift into reverse and it got a signal.

That said, the cheaper license plate mounted cameras don't hold up very well in the wet and cold here in the Rust Belt. I went through three cameras in two years and finally said the hell with it. Be cheaper in the end to get a better quality $400 unit or adapt the F-150 setup, which has been done.

Latest posts