Running boards

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DKF

2008 Limited
Reaction score
I bought some running boards off of EBay and they’re totally wrong for my 08 Sport Trac. Even though I got the “this will fit your vehicle” green light when I ordered. So, I gotta send them back, re-box them and pay $72 in return shipping for my screw up. Where can I order some good ones that will fit correctly and look cool? Thanks in advance guys!

I have some universal ones that bolt to the frame. I installed them on my trac a week before I got rear ended at 45MPH and totaled it. They’re really nice and look good. I got them on Amazon.

They’re still in perfect shape, and I bought my trac back from the insurance company, so I may sell them

IMG_4984.jpeg
IMG_4985.jpeg
IMG_4986.jpeg
IMG_4987.jpeg
I’m keeping my originals now. After returning the wrong ones I went online and read up on trim restoration. On an Explorer site a guy talked about taking a heat gun to them. I thought WTH, $20 on Amazon. Got it today and just got done doing them…took about 15 minutes and no disassembly of anything. I can’t believe how well it worked:
IMG_4984.jpeg

I have some universal ones that bolt to the frame. I installed them on my trac a week before I got rear ended at 45MPH and totaled it. They’re really nice and look good. I got them on Amazon.

They’re still in perfect shape, and I bought my trac back from the insurance company, so I may sell them
Been looking for some that bolt to the frame since my others rotted off the rockers

View attachment 5086View attachment 5087View attachment 5088View attachment 5089I’m keeping my originals now. After returning the wrong ones I went online and read up on trim restoration. On an Explorer site a guy talked about taking a heat gun to them. I thought WTH, $20 on Amazon. Got it today and just got done doing them…took about 15 minutes and no disassembly of anything. I can’t believe how well it worked:View attachment 5086
Heat gun works but they will go back soon. Try ceracote on Amazon. Works amazing

Latest posts