Sea Foam

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregory andonian

Reaction score
YIPPPEEEE for me!!! LOL. I bought a bottle of Sea Foam, after reading Shawn's listing in the projects. Wow, a college bonehead like me, was able to follow and not mess up. In about 5 minutes or so, I'll start my ST up and let it run and see how she does. I did the vacuum suction part and then into the crankcase and fuel tank(like the sea foam video did). Wow, I did something myself and right, for my truck.:D

Well, she started right up, with no hesitation. She smoked a little and I could smell a little of the Sea Foam, guess it's the carbon burning off. I did notice, a smoother idle. She's due for an oil change in a couple weeks, so I think there'll be a lil more smooth running. The can said to do this, every 2,000-5,000 miles. If I follow that guideline, will it really be a benefit? Thanks.

you will see a benefit in improved idle and a small increase in mpg, not too sure i would wait a couple of weeks to change the oil though, but guess it depends on the miles driven in that 2 weeks. I would go for a 20-30 mile drive, and then get the oil changed, jmo..

hey greg I know what you mean! just graduated from college my self just a few weeks ago and ever since I got my ST last year i have been trying to learn how to do things. One of the first things I did was the seafoam stuff and learned its awesome. You will def. see a benefit with using seafoam on a regular basis, regular as in I do it ever once every two months. The first time I did it, I only let it sit for about 5 mins. Now I let it sit longer because its cleans better. I have also added the seafoam for the transmission and power steering, which is a different bottle than the one used for oil and gas treatment. So far, I have convinced and helped about 5 other car owners to use it and they all love it.

Last edited by a moderator: