Shake From D to R

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I tried searching and didn't come up with anything..

In my ST, when backing up (from D to R) it will have a shaking or shutter that is noticeable. It's been this way for the 2 years that we've owned it, it's nothing that recently started.

Just wondering if anybody else has had this problem or if I'm the only one?

And, is there a performance valve body that is available? I would like some firmer shifts and don't know if a Bama chip would do this?

Mickey

I have a 2003 Ford ST XLT and have not experiecned that kind of problem. However if you need to firm up the shifts you have two options. One is to adjust the EPC solenoid as discussed on the member project section by Stonemiser. (two) is the getting an xcal 1 or xcal2 then have Doug (of Bamachips) burn a file for you that you can upload on to your vehicles ECU via the xcal to firm up the shifts. I've done it that way and thankfully no problems up to now.

Last edited by a moderator:
the only valve body that I have found other than stock is a towing valve body. I changed the trans fluid to synthetic and while I was inside of the trans, I did the adjustment to the solenoid,it did help. I don't have an xcal yet,but alot will testify to the increase in shift. Ron

There is a Slow reverse issue with the 5r55e tranny...

I agree, Up the EPC as the project and get an SCT XCal2 from one of our site sponsors Wayne Foy....

www.hypillauto.com

Doug was good to me before, But I tried and tried to call him after that and had no luck, I went else where and found Wayne....

Todd Z