Shift points

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C C

Reaction score
HI....Is there an easy way to adjust the shift points of an 07 6 spd 4x4? I am getting ahead of the miliage thing but would like to hold off the down shift points when going up hills....I would like to press the loud pedal just a little bit more before it downshifts....thanks....cc

I believe the Xcal Flasher can do that for you....

Todd Z

Thanks Todd....I don't mind spending the money on the Xcal Flasher and will at some point but not right now....I only have 3000 miles on the ST....I am changing things incrementally I changed the exhaust (got rid of the pre cat and muffler, changed to very low restriction type) and it is making a little more hp because I can get almost to the top of some hills I frequently travel before the trans downshifts, before the exhaust change it would shift about half way up! I travel a lot on I-95 between Fairfax and Fredericksburg, VA....about 150 miles a day, so I can evaluate improvements quickly....I'll report on them when I'm finished....I leave for GA Sat to visit my daughter at Moody, AFB....she is in Security Forces....anyway....I will have about 1500 overtheroad miles!....I'm not real comfortable with electronics controling the engine and trans....I guess I need to get over it!....oh yeah the sound of the new exhaust setup sounds just like my '95 Lightning, it growls....cc

I just took some pics of the exhaust....we used much of the original SS pipe and kept the dia the same....Magnaflow 18"....my exhaust guy builds stuff for my street rods, very classy polished SS stuff, but for this, my mule, we pieced together the system to see how it works....cc