Shocks? for the 100th time

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timothy Miele

Reaction score
So ive decide to go with either the Rachro RSX or the Monroe Reflex for my '07 4x4, there in lies the problem. This is the first vehicle that i have completly owned myself and i am kinda new to the whole parts thing. Anyway i cannot seem to find which part/part number that would fit my Sport Trac. If anyone of you could help it would be very much appreciated. Thank you

The 07's I test drove rode great.. your unhappy with the ride???

Todd Z

just call the website/store that you will be buying the shocks. ask them which ones that will fit your model. thats what i did to see what size rim that i needed:D:D

Somewhere in my previous research I came up with these numbers. I think they are correct but you should verify them to be sure.

Rancho RS5000 - front is RS5229, rear is RS5185

Monroe Reflex - front is 911177, rear is 911035

Monroe SensaTrac - front is 37177, rear is 37035

Bilstein - front is B46-2133, rear is B46-2134

Like I said, please verify these before you take them as true, but I had these numbers filed away for some reason. Hope this helps.

Chet

Omerta, Have you taken a ride in a 1st generation ST so that you know the difference, and why people here have changed out the shocks? Like Todd Z said
The 07's I test drove rode great.. your unhappy with the ride???
I test drove Pat Freeman's '07 & felt that the ride was great especially compared to a '01-'05 ST, which is why I too am wondering ..... Why? With the '07s electronic ride control I would wait and see where the chips, so to speak, fall as far as whether you will even need after market shocks. Besides I am not even sure if there are after market shocks for the '07 ST yet.

Well, I guess I should read closer before I start posting...the numbers I just posted would be for '01 to '05. I don't believe they would apply to an '07. Sorry about that.[Broken External Image]:

Chet

thank you all for your advise... as for your question Todd Z and Rodger (& Georgia) i havent driven the old Sport Trac and i am happy with the ride but i was a little worried about going off roading with the stock shocks... i guess i would feel happier with aftermarket shocks... but you guys know more than me so if there is father advise i would be happy to recieve it... Thanks

I would think it would be safe to assume that 2007 Trac does not have shocks, they are struts. Expect them to be expensive and hard to replace.

Tom

We drove them pretty hard off road in California.....

I believe the ST shocks are Coil overs now....

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]: