Sigh...I traded my ST..Thank you ST Website!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I traded my 2001 Island Blue Sportrac (it had all the bells & whistles-leather, moonroof, pioneer 6 disc system, sport package with nerf bars and tow hooks) Saturday. :( In a way I am very sad. It was beautiful, I even had it decked out with an ARE matching island blue cap on the bed. I bought that 2 yeas ago.

I traded fer a .... well, you don't want to know. LOL!! :p Lets suffice it to say a 2005 foreign wagon. LOL. You must ask yourself, am I an old lady? No... but I'm older... 44 yrs old. LOL! No kids though. Why a wagon? Well, it's SUV-like, but without the horrid gas mileage. I can still toss things in the back like a truck.

I loved my ST, but the 12-18 mpg it got really killed me if we ever went on a trip in it. I drive a bit on the aggressive side so thats probably why the low mpg's. Not too aggressive as to wreck or anything, but not woosy either. That and the big tires.:wacko:

Anyhow, I wanted to say THANK YOU!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!...to this website and all the help you folks have given me over the years. I was the one in 2004 that got Ford to pay for about 85percent of having my hood repainted when the "crows feet" cracks began to appear in the paint. I made some posts about that in '04.

Since I live in TX I got 5 hail dings in the hood about 3 weeks ago, but it was nothing to bitch about. No cracks in the paint. Still a beauty, so I got an amazing price on the trade-in. :)

They gave me $11,000 trade in. Not too shabby for a 2001.

My hubby egged me on! Well, anytime I see a 'Trac now I always am nostalgic. :) Still getting used to the fancy foreign wagon, I took it on a helluva drive today to get used to it.

Who knows, maybe in a year or 2 you'll see me back on here with a new st. LOL! :):p

Thanks again, all ... now I need to go to the Group Buys section and remove my name from the Yakima rack list.............

Sharon

Good luck with the wagon Sharon. Go ahead, tell us what you got and post pix. :cool:

Promise. It's nice (to me) to see and hear what other rides members get/have. :D

OK.... hubby took pics. It'll take time to pull them off the camera. But it's a Volvo V70. Incredible deal since it was used. The safest car in the world, so the statistics say. Now I feel like a super-nerd. But, I still need to personalize it. Then It won't be so nerdy. I can roll up my tank top sleeves, hang my elbow on the window,and show my tattoos then people won't think I"m a nerd? ??LOL! :lol:

But... I've been saying for a year now "my next vehicle with be a Volvo" as I know their safety records.

Ok, so I confessed. Now I welcome "nerd" comments! :D

Shar

There now don't you feel better? :lol:

Good luck with the Volvo. I can't say a word about having a station wagon, I have 2. They really are very handy.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I might have had to back out of my promise not to laugh. :lol:

Fred:

I hope I post the pics right so they show up...

I see you have a Classic! So do we, here is our 1959 Buick Electra

[Broken External Image]:

Next post the 2005 Volvo...

[Broken External Image]:

I'd drive a Volvo...they are nice cars. They last fairly long as well. Just don't let any negative comments that are sure to come get you down, you got a great car. Now, drop it, put some 18's on it and really shake off that "old lady" vibe of the wagon.

I forget the actual numbers, but Volvo has been importing cars to the US since the lat '70's I think...a fatality wasn't reported in one until 1993. That's simply amazing.

OH MY GOD! :eek: Shar you got rid if that BEAUTIFUL ISLAND BLUE ST!! And worse than that, it was the ONLY year that they had it in production! I have a 2001 Island BLue myself and will probably keep it since I am closer to paying it off than starting over, so it is a no-brainer. Just kidding Shar, you made a good choice and you stayed in the FORD FAMILY with the Volvo purchase! We still like you because of that, but if you want to know something about the Volvo you will have to beg us to tell you! Good luck with it, I know you will be safer in it!;)

mrmarvyn-

Island Blue was also a 2002 Job 1 color. Also, factor in that the 2001 model year spanned nearly 16 months, Island Blue was in production for quite a while.

Niiiiiiiice Electra, Sharon. I always liked the front end on those cars. The Volvo's nice too. Enjoy!

That's one of the perks of owning a lot of companies...Fords became safer after buying a controlling stake in Volvo. However, that's also the bad part...Jaguars became watered down after Ford starting messing about with them.

Volvos rock! I had a customer at the service station where I used to work back in the early 90's. She had a 1977 Volvo wagon with no less than 300,000 miles on it. She said she'd drive it til it died...she may still have it today. They are a very well enginered vehicle.

Jaguars became watered down after Ford starting messing about with them.

They also became more reliable. No British car was really reliable and everything was goofy on a british car. "English Metric" talk about some crazy fasteners.

My Dad's cousin has 4 Jags. An XJ6, XJS 12, E-Type, and a Mark V (I think). He drove the 6 and the 12 on a regular basis...till he got an F-150. Now the Jags just collect dust. he enjoys driving something that always starts when he turns the key and doesn't require a "special mechanic" to fix it when it breaks.

I would love to own that E-Type he has. Perfect condition with the Brittish tri carb system. (He personally imported it from England).

Tom