software for web cam???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob moore 2

Reaction score
im looking for software that will allow me to use my current web cam on my home network and access from work

cam is hooked to main computer at home. i want to be able to c it on my laptop at home and my work computer.

is this do-able

The simplest would be something like Eyeball chat, a video chat program. I have the house set to accept incoming chat requests from my work. (This is free as well.)

There are streaming video programs out there, but they usually require an FTP server to send the data through. Webcam32 (if its still around) is good for this because it sends the images as updating photos instead of video stream. No sound, to take up bandwidth and you can set it to delay photos so you get one every 10 seconds or something, rather than live.

I use a free software program called Camrades. It is simple to use and gives you your own web address. I have one of my cams pointed to it. Actually I have our local news running through it now but you can run anything through it. Here is my site:

LamarWebCam.com

You got any questions e-mail me.

Latest posts