ST and Corolla MPG Close Out for 05

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon Koch

Reaction score
Well the year is done and the numbers are in:

01 ST driven 5,908 miles using 366 gallons of fuel costing $787 and averaging 16.14 MPG.

04 Corolla "S" driven 14,612 miles using 455.3 gallons of fuel costing $981 and averaging 32.09 MPG........

Guess which one I have been driving to work? My 01 ST only has 57458 miles on it and I love it.......My 04 Corolla has 28248 on it and it is also a GREAT commuter car....

I just cleared the EXCEL spreadsheet for 06 and filled them up.

I knew not to calculate this even before I bought mine back in July of 2000. If mgp/fuel economy was a decision factor when choosing a vehicule, I would have not even looked at the ST. I would have gone straight for Honda Civic.

I also have a 74 Vette that makes less than 8 mpg, so from that perspective, I'm pretty happy with the ST. :)

I wasn't worried about fuel economy either, when I bought my Trac 4 years ago. However fuel was half the price then. If gas goes past $3 a gallon this summer like they predict then I may have to but a commuter car.

Yep...our 01 ST has 38k mi, while our 04 Pontiac Vibe (Toyota Matrix twin) has 56k on it. We try to keep the ST in the garage and only use it when needed. I don't mind rackin up the miles on an econobox, better there than on the ST.;)

'03 Toyota Matrix here with 32K miles .... avg of 31.48 mpg since I bought the vehicle in May '03. Couldn't be happier with it.