ST computer flash

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had my trucks computer flashed to fix a weird idle when it was under warranty. I had the battery replaced since she turns 5 next month and now that weird idle is back. The guy at the service desk told me it wouldnt lose the flash. Is this true?

Last edited by a moderator:
try having the IAC motor cleaned....what fixed my low-rough idle was replacing my DPFE sensor and cleaning the butterfly valve in the throttle body

just some advice

next is order the XCAL2 I'm fixing to order mine now

Well, I took it to the dealer in 01, when the check engine light came on, and they flashed the computer and replaced the gas cap. My complaint was the check engine light and weird idle--surge and sometimes acted like it wanted to stall.

So, after my battery replacement its acting like that again.

Anyone know how much they charge to re-flash your computer out of warranty?

well I had the P0401 CEL which reads "excessive flow in gas recirculation system " sounds like check gas cap....its the sensor..I noticed a miss when cruising and a rough Idle...these 2 things cleared it up for about 110.00

when you disconnected the battery it reset the computer ..not a bad thing, it's just picking everything up now.

do you have a CEL light on?

it can still be the DPFE sensor even without the light