Tax Rebate Check

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clo 650

Reaction score
I have a ? about these tax rebate checks we are getting. A single person gets $600.00 Married couples get $1,200.00 Each child gets you an extra $300.00 correct? I am a single parent so I should have received $900.00 from my understanding. I had a direct deposit into my bank for $600.00 Shouldn't I have had $900.00 deposited all at once?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,

here is the link for the question with answers such as yours. You can also call IRS directly those folks are very nice and can look at your return to make sure it was figured correctly.

if you don't find the answer in the FAQ or more questions or calculations of payments, give them a call. The toll free number is on the website.

from what i read if there is a mistake it will be corrected when you file next year,, if you don't get enought you get more back,, if you get too much you owe it back...

troy

Do you claim your child on your taxes? If so, and the mother of your child doesn't claim (which may have occured anyway), then you shuold have the extra $300....

yes but also remeber it is not a nice round number if you read the fine print it say UP TO 600 for sing UP TO 1200 for married and UP TO 300/ Child. It depends on how much adjusted gross income you claimed i think if it's under 55K a year (single) you will get less than the expected amount and less then 80K a year for a married couple. This will also be reflected in what you get back for each child. Also keep in mind you will have to claim whatever you get back on next years taxes as income so they get you there to......... I don't understand y u have to pay taxes on money the Government is giving you:wacko:

According to the IRS website, it WILL NOT BE TAXABLE or affect your 2008 return. Check the link below, right at the top.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Three kids! I thought I was overworked with just one 16 year old daughter. :lol: No check yet for me. I think mine will be later in the week or early next.

yea, ages 5, 7 and 15. Had custody since my baby was 6 months old. I am tired. Baseball season has started with a game 4 nights a week usually until 9 or 9:30.

james

I received the letter today stating how much my "Economic Stimulus Payment" would be. Since I am single without any kids my payment would have been $600 except for the fact that my Adjusted Gross Income for 2007 exceeded the upper limit for my status. My payment was adjusted down by 5% of the amount my AGI exceeded the limit. I'm not complaining though because its better than nothing. But it does reinforce my opinion that it is people like myself who are providing the greatest percentage of the support for all the social programs even though we are the ones who use them the least. :wacko::blink:

Yeah, but so far you've provided no future tax payers. Once you start doing that they give you a break. I'm convinced that entire child tax credit is that they figure your kids will contribute in the future so you get a break. :)

So what you're saying is that no matter whether you have kids or not you're still getting screwed either literally or figuratively? :lol:

Still waiting for mine...the last two digits of my soc are between 21 and 75. Still nothing. C'mon GWB, I could use my $2100.

I e-filed my '07 taxes, direct deposit of the refund, got that months ago.

Anyone else in that range already got theirs? I know the IRS has through Friday, but c'mon. :eek:

TJR

Last edited by a moderator: