The Bumpers and Cladding (PAINTED)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Cobb

Reaction score
I did the whole dupli color thing to my truck and was not to impressed by how it turned out. I really want it to be painted like the paint on the rest of my truck. I see this on alot of XLT premiums. I'm just curious are these special bumpers or can you paint the original ones to look like that. Just give me some ideas please. Maybe even some estimates on pricing.:blink:

Local shops will charge from $350 ish to $700 ish. Depending on how they do it. The higher price will sand the texture off, prime and paint it. The lower price will prep it with either a chemical or a special primer and then paint it.

With Todd Z's instructions I was able to paint my own cladding to match the rest of my truck.

It is possible to achieve the look you want without paying someone else to do it. It just takes patience.

[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
What is your dissatisfaction with what you have done. Have you tried wet sanding your paint, applying several layers of clear coat and wet sanding once more. Wet sanding will clean up the worst paint job and with patience you can end up with a better than factory finish.

Jason..what did you use to paint your cladding? I have a wedgewood blue trac and i want to paint the bumpers the same color. Did you just get a regular paint?

Jonathan,

I got the body shop to mix up my paint with a flex additive for me. You can go to any body shop or paint store and give them the specs and they will mix the paint. All you have to do is provide the appropriate spray gun.

Jason

My 03 had the textured cladding, You can buy the 04 and 05 cladding and paint your self, but with enough coats of paint and the right adhesion promoter you can get rid of the texture and have it match...

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts