The Low Down

Help Support SportTrac.org:

Todd Z

2nd Gen Owner
V6 Engine
V8 Engine
Reaction score
Eddie, The harbor stuff you have to watch, the edges are not pointed so if the bolt is a little worn or some one messed it up, they just slip.... Sucks...

swshawaii

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
2 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
^ Hence the name "Horror Freight". HF has "certain" tools that are greatly improved from their past. Some ratchets come to mind, but they are still imported. Regarding flex head ratchet wrenches, there are so many GearWrench dealers now it seems there is almost always a 50% off sale. Just need to watch.

rallyfiend

2nd Gen Owner
V8 Engine
4 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
I haven’t installed my Scale Gen2 Adrenaline kit just yet, but I’ll be sure to advise ASAP when it’s installed.

Nice job. Building up a 4set of coil overs was the direction I was headed also. I amazed and doing the Happy Dance when my Scale 4set arrived on my front patio, as if it was X’mas Morning.
Let me know how that scale kit works.

Burn out Bob

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
2 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
Just FYI
Be prepared, the biggest fight I ever had, changing the rear shocks of my '04 ST 4x4. Also no air tools, just wrenching and sockets. Had to drop the spare and had to loosen all the brackets for the vapor tanks hidden under the truck bed and separate large vacuum hoses.
Then just getting to the top shock bolts, drivers side was the worst. If you have a lift it will be so much easier standing up.
Just trying to give you some insight into what it entailed for me, I never thought it would take most of the day for two rear shocks, the fronts were done in 1/2 an hour. All I put in was some skinny Rancho 5000 shocks. Of course I did it all alone thinking it would be a piece of cake.
Hopefully yours will be way easier with better tools than my project and with friends.

Post before and after pics. Really looking forward to seeing the ride height difference!

Burn out Bob

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
2 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
TylerXp2;
I have a 04 ST XLT 4X2 With 130,000 miles . I don't drive it much & no long trips. I did notice the shackle bushings going bad on the rear shocks & the front was a bit bouncy so decided to replace all the shocks. Looked like just factory to me so ordered all new shocks & shackles. Took me around 2 days laying on cardboard &using just wrenches & sockets, no air or lift, just a couple of bottle jacks. It was a battle for sure ,but then I'm 87 years old.

Powly

V8 Engine
4 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
Wow I hope I have your stamina! Good on you! My 2010 Adrenalin 4x4 with 180,000 km could use that I am sure

Tylerxp2

Stock Adrenaline Owner
1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
4 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
TylerXp2;
I have a 04 ST XLT 4X2 With 130,000 miles . I don't drive it much & no long trips. I did notice the shackle bushings going bad on the rear shocks & the front was a bit bouncy so decided to replace all the shocks. Looked like just factory to me so ordered all new shocks & shackles. Took me around 2 days laying on cardboard &using just wrenches & sockets, no air or lift, just a couple of bottle jacks. It was a battle for sure ,but then I'm 87 years old.
Preaching to the choir, hope I can get another 80k+ miles like you have as well. I take good care of it.
At least we both kicked those shocks butts!

Latest posts