Thermostat Housing: Why they leak and permanent fix

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...upside down bolts and nuts...Ultra Grey or Ultra copper...
To All,
Perhaps foolish\unproductive to comment further in a devolving septic thread, but...

Todd,
Please carefully\objectively read my full write up with pics:
http://2001fordexplorersporttrac.fandom.com/Coolant_ThermoStat_Housing
Yes I take blame\credit for:
~ Coat of RTV (I'll be damned it was UltraCopper), thicker on BodySeam & EngineFlange, lighter on SensorORings.
~ Top Inverted+Longer50mm Bolts with JamNuts between BoltHeads & BodyFlange, LockTite on FlangeThreads
~ Top Inverted Bolts+Nuts Put Flanges+Threads In "Compression", Not Weaker "Tension", Mechanical Design 101
~ Top FlatWashers+LockWashers+LockNuts, easy Removal\Install for valve change as Bolts have JamNuts+LockTite
"Forgive me father, for I have sinned":
I shamefully used my own judgement to repair my own property.
Sometimes I get lucky & things work.

PS To All,
When surfing web forums such as this one, FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube, & many others,
please consider basic merit & potential "less than honorable" motivations (profit, power, or just plain crazy)
of any post.

Last edited:
Works for you works for me. Some of us have been here a long time. All of us have different ideas. I don't take other ideas as critic. Can look that way at times.

I almost had a seizure watching the fast rolling pics..LOL:D

...almost had a seizure watching the fast rolling pics..LOL:D
Eddie,
Do have a doctor check that out!o_O
I'll set the slideshow timer a bit slower next time.
D

PS:
I drive like an 80 year old church lady on Sunday morning;
what works for me may not go far for those more demanding of their ride.

Last edited:
I've taken a look at the write up and I do agree with almost everything you have done. I am also a person of double checking things and re engineering things to work better or help prevent failure again. Especially as I work in remote areas and at nights.
I am not a person to go tit for tat or have a swinging man junk contest about what I would have done different, but if its working and your safe, that's all I care about.

..if its working and your safe, that's all I care about.
Todd,
All is good & well or at least normal.
A traditional practice by well known leaders of good American Capitalism that makes for great wealth is
a willingness to sabotage buying\selling or even mention of any product competing with your own:
Rockefeller, Carnegie, Morgan, Edison, Ford, FireStone, Gates, Bezos, Zuckerberg...
all certainly "honorable men" as Marc Antony would say.
Wish you & company Z much success.
D

Last edited: