They want my ST or do they want my business?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffrey Travis

Reaction score
Received a mailer yesterday from my local Ford dealer - the one that I am 'registered' to as far as myford.fordvehicles.com - but they tell me they really want me to sell them my '03 ST because they need these kind of vehicles. And they will pay me well for it. Of course then there is even more discussion about what they want to sell me in place of it.

Did anyone else receive this from their local dealer? or received something similar in the past?

I only browsed it quickly but would we think more sales ploy than anything else?

JT#14

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely sales ploy. I get those all the time saying how 'valuable' my trade in is. More like how 'valuable' my money is.

It you look closely it will probably say they will give you fair market value- Which correlates pretty much to fair condition, not good or excellent condition.

I got one of those from Chevy after one week after I bought my Chevy Beretta used. I laughed and said, can I drive it first? If your happy with your ST, I'd keep it.

I have gotten about 4 of those letters since owning my ST. I got one the other day, and my ST has well over 100,000 miles on it. I think it is a desperate sales ploy. I still have the ST with no plans to get rid of it.

Tommy

I received one yesterday from a local Ford/Pontiac dealer saying that they had several folks requesting 1998 Grand Prixs and needed mine in trade. Come on--1998? It's a form letter with a fill-in-the-blank for whatever car their system says you have bought at one time. Seems like a waste of postage, though, when the car is that old. Looks like they would assume you had already traded that vehicle.