Thinking of canceling extended warranty...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian K 2

Reaction score
I bought a third party warranty when I picked up the ST. Its 5 years 100K miles. Premium. Cost was 1350.00/200 Deductible. I wanted it more at first when reading about all the trans and axle probs. Now I am thinking of dropping it. I don't know the specifics of cancelling, maybe lose a little for "transfer fees". I have 13 months 15K miles left on factory warranty. I wanted the F warranty but was much higher. Would like to maybe make some decent mods later and don't want to argue if something happens. The 3rd party already stated, I read I mean, that if I didn't have a factory install tow hitch thay won't cover issues if install one. Dealer asked me how they would know later down the road if one was installed??? Did the ST 04 come with a factory installed tow hitch???BTW I have bough 2 new F in the last 10 years w/ ext warr and never used them. Roll the dice or not? Thanks...:wacko:

I don't have one myself. It's almost like betting that you will have trouble when you buy it. Oh sure it's the best thing when you have to use it, but if you don't need the money, I would just keep it.

You can get a Ford warranty from a sponsor here. I bet the price would be less then what you paid.

Tom

I read the fine print. If I cancel with 60 days all money is refunded. The Ford warranty from the Ford site was $2100, apples to apples. Maybe cancel and just get the powertrain from Ford??? I don't need the money but it would be nice to have. My driving habits are mostly highway miles. My wife says I drive like an old man, LOL. -knock on wood- I have NEVER had a speeding ticket! Thanks for the feedback....

First year of the "new" model. Whether you keep what you have or <a href="http://www.fordserviceplan.com/"target=top>Ford Service Plan</a>, better to be safe than sorry. The site is down right now but you'll probably do better or at least the same as what you have.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have had a third party warranty, i had to go back to the dealership to get it canceled. the delership will know what to do to cancel the warranty.

George