Timing chain TSB

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. I have a 02 and noticed a TSB for the timing chain. I have heard that Ford extended th ewarranty on the chain. However my local dealer says the warranty wasn't extended for the 02 year.

Is that true?

I think that timing chain TSB was pushed out to 80K miles. If you are over 80K, it does not apply.

If you are under 80K,

If you can find the TSB online, print it out and take it to the dealer. If they still give you static, go to another dealer for the service, and drop Ford an email (they may have 1-800 number too), with all of the dealer info, and tell them about the particular dealer that does not wish to honor Fords Extended Warrenty anymore.

I had to do a similar thing to a VW dealer. I don't know how Ford is about this kind of thing, but VW had the TSB and the dealer taken care of within a couple of days.

Actually, I don't see anywhere on the TSB where it says the warranty has been extended, for any year not just 02.

And by the way, my chain already broke. I did not have the time to argue about it I had to get it fixed.