Toyota Faux Pas

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but that infringes on the rights of my family and other drivers not to be exposed to your idea of performance driving!

There is no such right.

RL, facetiousness does not work well in text, as I know all too well. I thought you were being serious, regardless, I stand by my post.

There's some irony, but no truth, to the statement that I "lie as much as Caymen".

RL, I did not say that I did any "performance driving" on public roads, I said that I consider myself a driving enthusiast and that cars should not be restricted to not have performance capabilities. There is a chance that the ability of a car to be pushed to its limit could save your life.

RL, I have never in any way shape or form known your quote until I saw it in your post. Therefore I read it on the internet, and I believe it to be false, so your highfalutin statement which tried to criticise my ability to authenticate information was blatantly false, and since that was apparent, I do not know why you posted it, except that you had a lapse in retention of my post.

Whatever. The quote isn't true regardless, and no one should sacrifice security for liberty. That's the point here, which our tangent to "performance" driving is detracting from.

Caymen says:
Kiss off jerk!!!

I can FEEL THE LOVE....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PkGDrV_2ehI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PkGDrV_2ehI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KL,

Performance driving, and pushing a car to it's limits on a public street is not safe because you can easily cross over the limits of the car and your driving ability an kill someone else.

Your high and might stance on someone trampling on your rights does not override anybody elses rights to no be exposed to idiots who think public highways are there to see just how fast they can take that curve.

I'm sure I have been driving a lot longer than you including over 8 years of high speed driving on the autobahns of Germany. I do not recall a single time that I bare escaped having an accident solely because of performance driving skills, and I don't know anyone who has. In most cases it was just blind luck. In many cases I anticipated that something was going to happen, or the other driver did not see me, just a fraction of a second before it happened, and that was enough time to prepare for evasive actions.

Sorry if I misunderstood your vague reference to seeing the statement on the internet, but then you always try to talk i riddles. Perhaps this is some vague reference to your pirate story from another post??

KL, sorry I mentioned your name in the same sentence with Caymen. You are not a liar, but often difficult to understand.

Caymen,

Whatever...You said something, then lied when you denied it, and now you won't even explain what you meant? That by anyomes definition is a LIAR!

I am so glad I am just a jerk, and not a LIAR like you.

...Rich

Rl,

Performance restrictions could end up being like gun laws--they hurt the lawful citizens while helping the criminals. People who want performance will get it. Eg our sponsor can take out the 3,000 RPM "safety" rev limiter on the ST.

TJR said that we cannot prove that mechanical linkages are more reliable than TBW, but by the same token we cannot prove that TBW is more reliable than a mechanical linkage, though we can discern that mechanical systems are less costly and less complicated, 2 solid advantages over the electronic system that has no competing advantage.

I'm not making any reference to the whole pirate duel thing. That made sense to me, but that didn't do it any good, so I'm done with it.

I still don't see eye-to-eye with that quote though, we discovered a crapton of stuff before 1960, and we've forgotten many things that the ancient civilizations had, so while unlikely, we could end up discovering knowledge that is already millenia old.

rich,

i am glad you see the true caymen. no one else seems to.

so typical, no facts. he gets called out and either avoids it or doesn't reply.

btw, i have to write a cheque and date it today 04/03/2010 then i have to mail it via the USPS. i am going to take the cheque to the post office tomorrow ( 05/03/2010 ) at 13:00 in my car that is white in colour. :yawn:

Last edited by a moderator:
KL said:
TJR said that we cannot prove that mechanical linkages are more reliable than TBW

No, I didn't say that; or at least did NOT mean to say that.

I said that I don't see how those that think the old TBC systems were more reliable than today's TBW systems can ever really prove that. The era of TBC prevalence is past. The era of TBW prevalence is present. My point was that you can't really with any scientific accuracy measure past against present in any meaningful way because I doubt that incident rates and issues have been recorded and reported in a uniform manner accross the two eras. Put simply, I believe we are looking at TBW systems under a microscope now. TBC systems largely "got a pass".

I am sure that an engineer in a lab can run tests on today's TBW and TBC systems and figure out which is more reliable. I suppose that is possible. That doesn't necessarily prove anything about the reliability of the TWC cars of yesteryear and their incident of issues.

TJR

Whatever...You said something, then lied when you denied it, and now you won't even explain what you meant? That by anyomes definition is a LIAR!

I came forth when I wanted to see how many people got their panties in a twist over a made up story. Anyone thinks I am that cheap is simply nuts.

What exactly are you talking about? If you would like, please send me an email regarding it. No need to bring it up in front of everyone if you do not want to. The door is always open.

Tom

so typical, no facts. he gets called out and either avoids it or doesn't reply.

...or could it be that when you "call me out", you guys are at home talking back and forth and I am at work. When I don't reply, the post falls off the screen and you guys cry foul.

Many people work hours other than 9 to 5.

btw, i have to write a cheque and date it today 04/03/2010 then i have to mail it via the USPS. i am going to take the cheque to the post office tomorrow ( 05/03/2010 ) at 13:00 in my car that is white in colour.

Very good!!! Now, hit the "shift" key a couple more times and you would actually write an understandable sentence. I know you can hit the shift key because you used the following characters "(" and ")".

Tom

p.s. I am leaving for work now since I have to cover another shift for a guy, plus my own.

Caymen,

You made a remark about someone's Disability, and when questioned about who you were talking about, you denied you said it, but it was still in your post. so that makes you a LIAR and everyone could see it.

I think Gary S called you out on another post addressed directly to you asking who you were refering to about your Disability comment, and you refused to even respond.

Anytime anybody had caught you in a lie or called your bluff on some statement you made, you just stop responding and keep making sniper attacks in other threads.

Do you take everyone here for fools and that we can't recognize a liar and a phoney when we see one.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want you to leave this site or get kicked off. You are intelligent and often put up good arguments. The only negatives are that you have very stong opinions about issues that you cannot explain in logical terms. Anytime someone ask why you think that way, you spout off about a friend who had one, or a friend did this or that. That just means that you really don't have any opinion and you are relying on your friends or family to plant and opinion in your head.

Then when you can't explain why you have that opinion without any real experience, you start to make up lies and get defensive, and the senseble part of the discussion goes out the window, you constantly try to change the subject and eventually you insult people and then refuse to respond except with more insults. Most people distrust people who act that way and I think that is why you are receiving so much bad press here lately. People are just getting tired of your empty opinions and insults and will now call you out almost everytime you post.

We are all human and make mistakes. I know I have made my share and I apologize or admit I made an error. The fact that you or I cannot convice someone they are wrong, does not automatically make us right.

Opinions are fine, but as long as they are based on a very real and valid experience that you had. We all know people who had problems with one brand of car or another, and there is no problem relaying a friends experience, just don't make it your own opinion.

I'm saying this because I don't want this antimosity to go on for ever. I think we can agree to disagree on many subject, and I repect your opinion or position, but I want it to be your opinion, not someone elses that you really cannot debate logically about.

...Rich

Caymen said:
Very good!!! Now, hit the "shift" key a couple more times and you would actually write an understandable sentence. I know you can hit the shift key because you used the following characters "(" and ")".

Gary has an affliction that makes it difficult for him to hit the enter key or somesuch, or I think you said that in the past. If you recognize that, why needle him about his typing?

You have an affliction too. It's called "I was a red-headed kid who got picked on as a child and now I have a chip on my shoulders" (self-professed); and you don't see anyone needling you because of it. :banana:

We all have our crosses to bear.

P.S. Just yanking your chain.

TJR

I do not need air bags. I do not need ABS. I do not need Hill Hold Assist. I do not need stability control. I do not need crash detection. I do not need back up sensors.

Air bags have saved countless lives.

ABS is a nice feature, does save on your insurance.

Stability Control is awesome, my trac kicked in a couple of times. Clark Howard also loves this feature, it does save lives as well.

What the heck is crash detection, isn't it obvious?

backup sensors, could take them or leave them.

The fact is, you have a choice in many cases to purchase safety technology that can save your life. I don't like these drive by wire systems so much either, but after seeing first hand an F-16 with half it's wing tore off and the pilot was able to land safely, it could be a good thing if designed properly...

bud,

I agree with you 100%. I don't necessarily like every new feature on the new cars, and I sure don't like paying for something I did not want. The alternative is simple... I either buy the vehicle with all the safety items or I don't buy a new car. Most people choose to buy the new car to get all the other new features that they do want...and more people are wanting the safety items and will even add optional safety items like side-curtain airbags, backup sensors of cameras, and other expensice non-standard safety options.

As for the F16 pilot landing without a wing. I'm sure that was a lot of luck and pilot skill. All of the fly-by-wire systems are designed to assist the pilot in flying an intact aircraft. How do you design a fly-by-wire system for a plane that may have all or part of a wing sheered off?? I'm sure the engineers did not design for that, but it may have helpped the piolt maintain some degree of control.

...Rich

tom,

nice try with the i am at work excuse.

rich l. said it very well.

why don't you answer the disability question ?

if you remember, i posted my frustations & disappointments w/ toyota.

i honestly believe if it was ford you would be sitting on your hands.

imho, you can't "man up" when exposed

You made a remark about someone's Disability, and when questioned about who you were talking about, you denied you said it, but it was still in your post. so that makes you a LIAR and everyone could see it.

I said I do not use "I have a disability" as a crutch. I have one. It does not have me. Nothing about me being a liar was ever exposed.

I think Gary S called you out on another post addressed directly to you asking who you were refering to about your Disability comment, and you refused to even respond.

If the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it. No need to respond. If he wasnted more than the spot light on him, my email is accurate and easy to find. We can not say the same for many members here. If the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it.

I'm saying this because I don't want this antimosity to go on for ever. I think we can agree to disagree on many subject, and I repect your opinion or position, but I want it to be your opinion, not someone elses that you really cannot debate logically about.

Did you even notice how quiet this website was when Gary was gone. I am not saying he is the cause of this now, but the fact remains that people were polite when he wasn't here. Not pointing fingers, just an observation.

nice try with the i am at work excuse.

Lets see, my normal work schedule is this.

Monday 12:30 PM to midnight, maybe later. Never sure when I get out of work.

Tuesday through Thursday 2:30 PM to Midnight, maybe later.

Friday 3:00 to 11:30, maybe later. The following week is the same, except Friday I am off for a 3 day weekend.

I am the 2nd shift QA Foreman over the Dimensional, Visual, Magnetic Particle, and Liquid Penetrant Inspection departments. I have 9 people reporting to me between 2 shifts. I have internet access, but it is reserved to business use with limited, VERY LIMITED, personal use, reserved for breaks which I seldom get. My company manufacturers large heavy wall pressure vessels , some of which are used in the defense industry. Very heavy and very large. Very, very, very critical requirements. They are the best in the world. Nobody has the technology and ability we have.

Have you noticed my posts are usually in the 9 to 10 AM to early afternoon and then about 1 to 3 AM. Once in a great while I will sneak on to the MYST.com website. If I do it too much, it will be blocked because discussion boards are prohibited.

Today, the 1st shift foreman was not at work, so I went in at 9:15 AM and worked until 9:45 PM so we had coverage and I could perform final sign offs before the job was sent to the next operation.

Is it still a "nice try"?

I check the first 10 to 15 postings when I come home. Any more than that is pretty much dead and usually finished up with some lame comment. I check most recent and leave it at that.

i honestly believe if it was ford you would be sitting on your hands.

I would be all pissed about that effing TBW BS killing people. When I make a post about some owners are still complaining about having issues AFTER the fix is made, now it is a "Government Conspiracy"? Are you kidding me?

Toyota has been using "Black Boxes" in their vehicles, but refuses to allow the NHTSA to get the information? Ford, Honda, Nissan, Mazda, Subaru, Kia, etc. have no issue with it. Toyota does? Seriously?

I see this as Toyota has finally hoodwinked the American people long enough and it has finally caught up to them. I honestly hope Toyota has fixed the issue, not for their sake, but for the lives that would be saved.

Tom

tom,

the disability comment was called out by tjr initially and you said it was not him, someone else.

so again, a change of story.

as far as the site being a "leave it to beaver" type of site when i am not here is very humorous. yes, you a choir boy and never reply with a negative comment. i keep forgetting you only are here to help people. :bwahaha:

as far as your work excuse, i didn't need your current job description. we all know how important you are. :grin:

fact, you do avoid anyone questioning your "facts" and either try to turn it around or just disappear.

fact, you do avoid anyone questioning your "facts" and either try to turn it around or just disappear.

And you do know when the majority of the discussions and posts are made, I am not on line? Keep stirring.

Tom

Latest posts