Toyota Faux Pas

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Caymen,

Again, your replies continue to be defensive and missed the mark. As previously stated, nobody cares to hear all the details of your work schedule. To most people here, that appeared to be another deversion to avoid answering the harder questions that were asked. Several of us have pointed out that you are dilerberatly avoiding answering questions, and overly defensive when someone has doubts about some of your statements or facts.

You said earlier that you were picked on as a kid because you had red hair? Your red hair does not appear to be an issue here...So, have you even given any thought that it might be something else about you that rubs people the wrong way? I think many people here have given you some very strong hints, and none of them has ever mentioned red hair.

Nobody here is a Phyciatrist/Phyciologist so we don't know what makes you say what you say, or act the way you do. Perhaps your childhood experiences scarred you in some way, and you come to expect that people don't like you, in some sort of self-fulfilling prophacy?

I am not trying to be dirrogitory or negative towards you, but perhaps you need to take a good look at yourself, and ask yourself what it is that you do that offends so many people. I have met you several times at the National Meet in Louisville and you seem to be a very nice guy, however when you get on a computer and don't have to talk face to face, another person emerges...I wish I knew which one you were?

"Will the real Tom Schindler please stand up"...I would like to think it was the Tom Schindler that I met in Louisville.

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Rich,

You are not the same person I met in Louisville either. You never were. Online I always felt you were a jerk. In person, you seem really nice. As a matter of fact, at the meet, you were the last person I would have wanted to meet.

When I made my comment about a disability, it was directed at no one. I was simply saying that we can say we have a disability that prevents from doing something, ONLY if the disability has you. Gary assumed I was talking to him. He asked me why I said he had a disability.

No need to respond to something I never said. If you read my post correctly, you would understand it.

Lets drop it.

Tom

Caymen,

I always felt you were a jerk.

I thought the same about you, and it appears that more people agree that you are a bigger jerk than I am...So I will admit defeat

When I made my comment about a disability, it was directed at no one. I was simply saying that we can say we have a disability that prevents from doing something, ONLY if the disability has you. Gary assumed I was talking to him. He asked me why I said he had a disability.

No need to respond to something I never said. If you read my post correctly, you would understand it.

But you did say it, (Lame disability) and nobody knew what you were talking about. Instead of clearifying what you meant, you ingnored them, which only made matters worse. Everybody read it correctly, but you have never explained what you meant. You keep denying or changing the words about what you said, and none of your explainations fit the words you actually wrote

When so many people were calling you out on that statement you finally tried to deny saying it and that did not fly. When you finally try to explain your meaning, it was no clearer than your intial statement and totally controdicted what you wrote.

Also, you never sounded the least bit sincere in anything you said. A simple "Sorry guys, that did not come out right" or "I did not mean to insult anyone who may have a disability. Earlier you said you were talking about yourself, now you were talking about nobody in particular...So. Which is it??? You keep changing your story and the meaning and although you have answered the question a few times none make any sense when they are all different?

It sounds like you cannot say "I'm Sorry" or "I made a mistake". I had suggeted that earlier hoping you would take that as a hint and a simple appology for a misunderstanding would be all it would take to make most people stop ragging on you about this.

Lets drop it.

As much as you would want people to jut drop it, I really don't think anyone here will let you off that easy. The longer you run away from this, the worse it will get.

Stop trying to be someone you are not. Everyone here knows you made a mistake and I'm sure everyone here would accept that fact and drop it, if you sounded just a little bit sincere and sorry, even if you only admit to being sorry that people misunderstood you meaning? Sometimes it takes a bigger many to just admit hw was wrong, or made a mistake.

...Rich

I said what I wanted to say. It came out the way I wanted it to come out. There is nothing for me to be sorry for.

As I said, lets drop it.

Tom

rich,

geeez, i thought it was me.

i read that post over & over, and the reply's were lame when tom was called out.

i have lost respect for him. as i have done in the past, "manning up" would be appropiate but i highly doubt it will happen. :sad:

Here I am in a pickle.

If I respond, I am blamed for having the last word.

If I say nothing, I am blamed for hiding.

Tom

p.s. I am not at work this evening because I am ill. I would usually be at work at this time.

Tom,

Respectfully I have to agree, and to post this...

Yep, a pickle.

I've found that if you don't say things you don't mean, don't yank people's chains, don't be sarcastic, and don't play games with people just to try to get a rise ouf of them (whether in person or on-line) then you typically stay out of pickles.

I like to say what I mean, and mean what I say, and not try to get people going by saying things that might be miscontrued, are purposefully abstract or overtly sarcastic.

Now, that's not to say that I don't, from time to time, talk in hypotheticals or say things that are generally intended for no one in particular. But when I do, I make sure to say things like: "Now, please be clear, that I am not talking about anyone in particular, but am talking in general..."

That's probably a good technique to use. Of course, I'm not sure it would have made any sense in this particular case if you postured in this way, because the whole quib about the disability has some history to it, and some personal context to it. Whenever it comes up it seems like pulling at a scab...tearing open an old wound...it just seems "personal."

TJR

quote: p.s. I am not at work this evening because I am ill. I would usually be at work at this time.

thanks, it was very important that i know you are not at work :grin:

btw, it took me 3 times longer to type the quote. maybe because i had to use the the shift key?

i am done, looks like spring is here. :supercool:

TJR,

How come your sign gives Caymen top billing?? :grin:

Like gary S, I too am throwing in the towel. I made the same mistake of trying to use logic in discussing this issue with Caymen, and realize that he defies logic.

Obviously "Wrong: and "Sorry" or even "Oops" are not in his vocabulary. Most normal people appologize even when they did nothing wrong but feel they may have insulted or said something that could be misinterpreted. I'm sure we have all had people bump into us and we say "Sorry" or "Excuse me" when we did nothing wrong... If someone misinterprets something I say, I appolgize for not making my meaning clearer.

Caymen, I'm sorry that you could not find it in your heart or mind to try to make amends. I can see why you were picked on as a kid, and I'm convinced it had nothing to do with your hair color.

I am done with this thread, so I'm sure Caymen will quickly toss a few rounds my way just to get the last word. :btddhorse:

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts