TRAC IN THE SHOP

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob moore 2

Reaction score
well after taking the trac in for the slipping in the rear for the 3rd time (the other 2 they couldnt duplicate it,i finally made a tech take a ride with me) they decided it was the clutch packs. they went ahead and ordered the parts so they would be there when i had time to drop it off. i made arrangements with a co worker to meet me there and take me back to work, they said it would be done by 3:30. well i caught a ride from another co worker to pick it up and guess what, yeap it wasnt ready, said it would be somtime tomorrow, they had some out of towners who had problems and came in with a broke axle. im glad they would help out of towners, but kinda po'd that they put me on the back burner. they did give me a loaner but thats beside the point

You know the sad thing IS this probably could haven been fixed by a $7.00 bottle of friction modifier just added to the rear...

Todd Z

I have a problem with the rear end as well. On steep inclines and at slow movement there is a grinding coming from the rear. Seems to be more from the left rear. My Trac is currently in the shop as well for this issue and others as well. Seems almost everything I take it in for can not be duplicated until I get a tech in the truck with me.

Latest posts