Trailer Towing control

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
I drive a 2008 Sport Trac Adrenalin with the towing package, i am looking to install a trailer brake controller, i have found where to look for the plug in connection near the steering column, but it is not there, any ideas?

I have the Curt Echo Smart bluetooth brake controller. It performed flawlessly with 3 cross country trips from SoCal to Central Florida as well as several other trips.

If you have the tow package it’s there. Close to the trim panel below the steering wheel. Keep hunting.

On my F-250 it was actually either taped or wire tied to the harness and I had to cut it loose. It took some searching because I was not sure what I was looking for. My 04 ST has the towing pack, but did not have EB plug. I had to go to etrailer they had a great video specific to 1st gen ST to wire it. Some people report on the Regular Explorer sights it is taped to the harness by the hood release. Just my 2 cents.

If it didnt have the tow package, no wires.

Latest posts