Two 8 inch Sub Enclosures

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RK Smith

Reaction score
I built 2 8" sub enclosures that are like the one's C.Wells makes and sells. The ones I have built are 15" across. They have polyfill and banana clip terminal posts. I had Kicker Comp 8's in them and everything sounded great. I have a 2001 Job 2, and they fit behind the rear panel like C.Wells Dual 8 enclosure. I had to modify the black plastic barrier, as Todd Z's project describes. There are more pictures in my library. If you have any further questions please email me.

Price = $75 shipped (each)

[email protected]

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Roy,

Got your mail this morning, and have responded. Also posting answers to your questions her for everyone else's benefit.

Payment?: I prefer Paypal to the [email protected] address

Did I use them?: Yes, I have been using the for the past 2 years with the Kicker Comp's in the which sounded great. The only reason that I am selling them, is because I am changing things around in my truck to make room for a carputer. I therefore have to build an enclosure to go under the rear seat to free up the space behind the rear panel.

How are they attached?: They are molded to conform to the space behind the rear Panel, and were modelled after C.Well's 8" enclosure. He answered several of my questions about his enclosure in order to build mine. One is made to go all the way to the drivers side of the truck and the other will fit in the middle of the rear space. Here is how I installed them:

1. First I read through Todd Z's Project on installing a C.Well's Dual 8" Enclosure.

http://www.mysporttrac.com/mysporttrac/projects/Dual8/Dual8.htm

2. The enclosure with the terminals on the right side, looking at the front of the enclosure, simply slips into the far drivers side of the rear space. The depth here is the deepest, so you don't have to cut the black plastic divider that holds the spring loaded panels.

3. The enclosure with the terminals on the left side goes in the the middle of the rear space. This I did have to cut some of te black divider, but not nearly as much as Todd Z did in his write up. Because I made the boxes independent of each other, it allowed me to modify as little as possible. I will get a picture of what my rear space looks like and put it in my library.

Roy,

Sent you email. Got your payment, but if you want both it will be $150 total. I said in my above post that they are $75 each. If you still want both, please send another payment or I will just send you one.

Just out of curiosity, if you plan to mount the carputer behind the back seats, how do you plan to cool it? Curious minds would like to know.