U.S. Trucks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The highest initial quality for small trucks went to the Ranger.

Can't speak for 10 years but after 3.5 years of ownership, my Toyota Matrix has been trouble-free. Just swapped out tires for Coopers has been my only major expense in 37,000 miles so far.

What percentage of Americans keep a vehicle for 10 years?

And what percentage go with the perception that foreign is better and replace vehicles every 3 to 5 years?

If I get a comment like R's from a dealer (american or foreign) I'd walk right out and go buy somewhere else...

Maybe one buyer makes no difference for them...

'R' likes to write in coded language, I guess. Maybe Ford management does this same, explains why they can't make a car that anyone wants to buy.

Darin,

I keep my vehicles for 10 years. Dad's Aerostar is 14 years old.

I honestly wonder how many people, or percentage, buys a domestic and drives them for 10 plus year and the sme with those that buy imports. Do they like to trade an Accord or Camry every 5 years and talk abut how reliable they are.

Initial quality is one thing. Longevity is another. When I see many old 80's/early 90's Ford and GM cars and trucks on a daily basis compared to the one or two imported cars of the same era, I feel it would be safe to assume the domestic have longer longevity then the imports do.

Mind you, this is not only in my area, but everywhere between ME, MI, NY, PA, NC, SC, GA, VT, AL, MS, OH, IN, IL, Va, and WV...to name a few. I traveled exclusivly through those states over a period of 9 years. I have seen myrads of broken cars on the side of the road and the imports are just as common as any other.

Tom

Sorry, I don't respond to negativism. (I'm like Santa - I already know who's naughty & nice. ;) )

It's a good thing the Ford Brass aren't like R. The reason why R even got a hand on the next ST is because of this site. I mean, really, do you not get that, R? We "git" it, the Ford Brass "git" it, the '07 Job 2 is proof enough of that, but it seems you do not.

Say thankya.

Last edited by a moderator: