V6 engine is way to loud!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh...I'm surprised. I've had 2 Sport Tracs and both were V6's. My latest is a 2008 Adrenalin AWD and it is the quietest vehicle I've ever owned and I'm 55! It's quieter than most cars I've driven too. I never hear the engine so this really caught my attention. My brother bought a similar Sport Trac after riding in mine and he and his wife think it's the best vehicle they have ever owned. I've driven his too and it is damn quiet. Not sure why yours would be noisier than ours. Question.....if you could not find a V8 why didn't you just order it from the factory? It takes exactly 3 weeks from date of order to delivery. I did that with both trucks and Ford does this flawlessly. Why search when you can order exactly what you want? Just a suggestion for next time.

I guess most guys are getting the "noise" confused. It is not a "noise" per say, it is the NORMAL sound of a V6 upon acceleration, is my guess. Whereas a V8 has a deep sound, the V6 is like the engine that couldn't... and THAT is the sound I hate. I fully understand that under normal driving, this is indeed one of the quietest trucks I have ever been in, but when you jump on it WOT, it sounds poor.... hope that helps...

As for why I settled on the V6 and not ordered a V8... I took advantage of the 0% financing on the late model inventory... this was the only truck that otherwise had all I wanted in it...