Vent: 03 Explorer EB Trans dies at 86K

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...and the Explorer is question is what year?

Sorry, you math must be superior to my math. That is why yours is wrong.

Tom

so i guess the current tranny bump in the sport trac doesn't count

No because it is a different tranny using a different technology to control it.

Of course, you no this.

Tom

My only input is my moms 97 altima puked the tranny at 59K, Her 87 cressida puked around 80K, Brothers Supra Puked the tranny at 90K and the motor at 100K......

My 75 mustang had over 100K on the OEM tranny, My 82 ford van had 160K on the tranny before I junked it and the tranny went into another truck...

Both Chevrolet Malibu's i have both have starting issues, Pulsing on the highway, BUT are both original over 80K... Both got intake manifold gaskets at around 60K

My brothers 03 Montecarlo, puked rear calipers twice !!!and now at 68K he had to pay out of pocket for the INTAKE manifold gaskets !!!

My moms 03 Sonata has had the FRAME !! the DAM FRAME !! replaced due to it rotting out !!!!

MY 03 ST has ORIGINAL MOTOR and tranny !!!! I beat the SNOT out of it...

my 04 ( 60K on rebuilt tranny) and original motor...

My BroncoII 90 flawless, at 110 cracked ahead from overheating it, my 88 BII needed a tranny at 140K.....

So EVERY manufacture has issues....... Just more explorers on the road to blame and everyone points fingers...

I DON'T care, i will drive Fords, They have cost me the LEAST agravation...

Todd Z

Man o Man. I've actually forgotten what number tranny I'm on... but I believe the Tranny I'm running in my 03 Trac is my 5th? only slips a little into 2nd. Luckily for me when mine crapped out at 80k (estimate) the dealership warranted the work for 100k. Since then I've had to keep rebolting new ones under there. the one i have now I simply keep because i don't feel like having to drop of the trac, get a loaner, and do the same dance. It happens. But I still prefer Ford. I've decided to run the ole girl till the drive train finally craps out. Then I'm going to a F150 or F250 crew. Sorry your having Tranny issues also. :(