What did you do Christmas eve?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleaned the house, put up some MORE lights outside (decorated the backyard!), helped wife clean up the house. Went to church. Had the family over afterward and ate like a pig. Went to bed and slept like a rock.

after reading this post... I wrapped gifts...then wrapped more gifts, straightend up the place, cleaned out my closet to get ready to move.... ate Eve dinner (sprial ham, that was really good) Visited with my grandaughter, watched movies with her, colored with her, she keeps me busy. The whole time she's asking.."whose present is this one or that one?" I went to sleep finally about 3 am.

I have a jetski, wet suit, wet boots, and wet gloves, but even I'm not that hard-core. Truth is my ski is in storage and I couldn't get to it if I wanted.

Got home from the bar about midnight Friday, shared some Christmas cheer with my friends and our wives/gf's. Mine was Corona w/lime.

Phone rings at 1:00 am, it's the ex-wife, she wants to leave at 5:00 am to meet. I know I said early, but.... I set the alarm for 5:30 am because she's always running late.

Phone rings at 5:28 am, wakes me up, "Did you leave yet?" I lie and say yes. :p

Shove off from Pittsburgh, I-79 North to Erie, I-90 East to the far side of Buffalo, cruise set on 80, Valentine ONE plugged in.

Pick up kids, turn around and do the same back home. Get home about 1:30 pm.

Daughter has no semi-dressy clothes with her, go to K-Mart (it's close, shaddup kid) to grab something, anything, for her to wear.

Get to my parents at 3:30, eat, drink, and be merry. My alcoholic aunt arrives already tuned up and with a half black-and-blue face from falling down her basement stairs again. All evening tells stories about me from my childhood (I'm 45), mostly untrue, that she thinks are funny. Wife leaves at 6:30 to sing in choir at 7:00 church service, gets back at 8:15. Finish opening presents. Wife leaves at 10:30 for 11:00 church service, we leave, dump presents at home, head for church.

In the middle of church service, the burglar alarm siren goes off. It arms itself daily at 11:00 pm, someone had called the alarm company to shut it off but they didn't. I go shut it off.

Get home at 12:15 am, I've been up for 20 hours on 4 hours sleep and drove 400 miles in the middle of it, and I'm still in a surprisingly good mood. Good thing I like coffee.

I could make a movie about it, but they already did Christmas Vacation.

S'all right, these are the "good ol' days" I'll talk about when I get old. :rolleyes: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
JohnnyO,

What are you talking about you are old....lol.

These are the things that keep us young. Johnny Maybe its in the name. I should know your story sounds like my life and yes my name is Johnny. So when the going gets tough and its cold outside......Dig out the jetski and have at it. Hope you had A "Merry Christmas". Don't forget it all starts over for Newyears eve.....Yaaaaay.:wacko:

JohnnyO - Just re-arrange the storage shed so that the ski is near the front.... It's a perfect escape from everyday life. As for hardcore... over at PWCToday, there are guys that talk about taking there skis out on the water when they have to dodge ice flows. Now THAT is hard core.

RaserX - What brand of dry suit do you have or are you wearing a wet suit with a tour coat?

Its an old Slippery Dominator 2 or 3 mil. wetsuit. I also have Slippery comp boots and gloves. I got tossed once and still wasn't cold.

Raserx;)

When I say storage I mean an underground storage mine, same place where they filmed the movie "Day Of The Dead" actually. Several square miles underground, constant 58* or so and low humidity. Filled with all sorts of boats, campers, motorhomes, classic cars, etc.

My suit is a titanium-lined diving suit, way overkill but the color matched my ski. :D I was single then, so it was important to look good at all times.