what other kind of automobile do you get when you replace the sporttrac.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
andrew, i purchased a 350z for my wife as a birthday present. it is a great car with a great build quality. as far as trading in your s/t for a 350z is going from one extreme to the other. keep the trac and buy the z and have one of the best in both worlds :D

If I had to replace my car today, I'd probably get a Toyota Tacoma or Tundra truck. Since Ford is trying to sell Hertz, I have no allegiance to Ford products anymore.

For what I'm reading, most are thinking to replace it with a sports car, are y'all getting the so called the male midlife crisis? Closing on to andropause? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

since I tend to keep new cars 10 years or close to it, it probably will be with another Ford truck, mavbe the new 'Trac or F-150. We will see.

Have a good one

Bob

Replaced my '02 ST with a '04 ST. I plan on keeping this one a while, and would probably replace it with either another ST (with a V8) or a F150 SuperCrew King Ranch Edition. Or, if I decide to get a bigger travel trailer or 5'er, a F250 SuperCrew King Ranch Edition. The King Ranch is one sweet package! It's even available on the Expedition now!

Fer,

I had my 'mid-life' crisis at the age of 21...

Twenty five years later, I just want something OTHER than a truck to drive, as I've been driving one for 20 years. I just haven't had the funding (or the room in my driveway) for a second vehicle in a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ST is my midlife crisis. It will stay forever. Next vehicle purchased will be a Trailblazer EXT to replace DW's Sable. Next vehicle for me will be a Road King or Springer Softtail.

2005 chevy colorado z71 extended cab I-5

loved the st, i still miss it but i had a great deal on it b4 the employee thing came out and i needed a bigger bed and something that can save me money on gas. has 5 cylinders, 3.5 liters and 220 hp. i think, correct me if im wrong.

I'm going through withdrawals because my husband wants to trade in the 2000 Ranger for a 4-door car to play with the ST.:(:( The Ranger dosn't really serve any purpose for us any more, but it's my first vehicle that I bought on my own and it's almost paid off. We were looking at the Nissan Altima or Subaru Legacy sedan...not wagon.;)

An '07 SVT Sport Trac

I plan on having my ST as a daily driver for another 6 years, which will be after my 25th B'day, since most of the cars I would like to drive would raise my insurance considerably; New Mustang, but it would be a Roush or Saleen, so at least it'd be a little different, and at that point I would hope to find a good 2-4 year old one in somewhat good shape.

If I were to replace my ST, I'd step up to something bigger such as an F150 supercrew. But thinking forward, it might be more practical to get an SUV, in which case I'd get a Navigator. And if the Toys R Us kid in me would prevail(or midlife kicks in), I'd get a Subaru Impreza WRX or Mustang GT.

Everyone can hate me, but... a black Avalanche assuming they still make them with cladding by the time Im tired of the ST (not for a long time).

Taco: I've seen Av's without the body cladding, and actually the black ones don't look half bad!

I'm taking the wife car shopping this weekend to replace her ageing Mazda 626. She wants to look at:

1) Hyundai Tucson

2) Jeep Liberty

3) Kia Sportage

I tried to explain to her the Tucson and Sportage are actually the same vehicle. You can get a fully decked out Tucson/Sportage for less than a Escape XLT on A-Plan.

Ridgeline. :lol::lol::lol: Maybe a crapalanche.

I want to keep the Trac until it dies. Since it's not a toyota or k-k-k-kia it probably won't last all that long though, right? :wacko:

I hope it's a long way down the road when it comes time to replace my creampuff.

I bought an S-10 on accident, then this:

[Broken External Image]:

I miss my Trac but it's 0 to 100 times left something to be desired. :blink:

Latest posts