What Size Tires Can I fit???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roddy W

Reaction score
What size tires can I fit on my 2003 4X2 (2 wheel drive) S/T? I just put 255/70R16 instead of the factory 235/70R16 tires and it did not make a bit of difference and it look like the factoy size w/ no rubbing and plenty of room. I want bigger tires without really having to lift the truck but I could if I had to to get the tire I want. I would love to hear what others have been able to put on. I want to get mud grips (MUD KINGS) for it or something with Lugs. I have been searching this web site up and down going as far back as I can in the forums with no body saying a specific size. I don't got no lift or anything as of now...it is stock. Thanks in advance.

Roddy W. :)

30x9.5x15 or 16 fits without rubbing. 31x10.5x15 or 16 rubs at full turn and may (but I cannot confirm because I haven't gone with this size yet) rub at full suspension compression.

Last edited by a moderator:
265 75 16 will fit if you do a TT (torsion twist) up front.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I notice all you guys have 4x4 and mine is only 2x4! Are you sure about the tire size of a two wheel...Surely someone has beef up a two wheel drive just for looks not performance. It will only be a road truck I mean Highway I just want it to look more FORD TOUGH!

I know Gary S just stuffed 275/70/16 on his 04 adren, and only had to trim the inner fenders slightly....

But I believe the max with little to know rubbing is 265/70/16

on either 2wd or 4wd..

Todd Z

Hey, be careful. If you have the 235 originals on a 2WD, you may not want to go extreme. The allowance for rims sizes are up to 18". Do not quote me on that. If you only going to use it for road use, remember that you can lose stability in maneuvering. Check your specs with a pro. I wouldn't be surprised if you are told to put thicker sway bars up front. I have real good performance out of Wrangler AST's. They are L/T rated. I think they work better than passenger tires for this vehicle.

Ed

Thank You Everybody for your input. I am going to see what I can do. If anyone has any more info they can still put it on. I am still in the debating process! Thanks Again, Everyone!

Roddy:D

Latest posts