Wheel Torque

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Lewis

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the proper torque specs for the S/T's custom wheels?? Does the color dot on the wheel stud indicate torque?? Stupid questions I know, but the owners manual doesnt specify and I dont have the color coded impact torque sockets ! I always did it the old fashione way, with a torque wrench !

IF you have 1 colored stud that stud should be aligned up with the valve stem on the rim, But that is for factory wheels...

On any aftermarket rim i Install I go to 45 ftbs, the to 85 or 90, Drive it for 50 miles and then re torque to 95...

Todd Z

Thanks Fast Eddie!

ToddZ

They are the factory aluminum wheels and the front are green on all studs and the rear has one pinkish colored stud (I'm somewhat red green color blind so it could be some other shade close to those!! HAHA) Why two different colors?? Is that to specify wich torque socket to use?? B/T/W, the reason I need the specs is because I just replaced the stock brakes with SP Performance slotted rotors and Hawk HPS pads front and rear. No long term data yet but so far they are far superior to stock!! Now have all kinds of braking power!! Broke them in acording to Hawk procedure too. Very happy with them so far !:D

I also just received and used the X-Cal2 from Wayne. So far I only have used the 87 performance tune, but you can realy tell the diff between it and stock. Now all I need is an exhaust sytem and a throttle body upgrade ! Heard you can help there.

I replied in your post above