Who out there hasn't had a serious problem?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathon Lee

Reaction score
I've had my trac for 4 years, 78k miles now without any problems aside from a couple of door handles and that vacum line elbow . (not counting normal maintinance of course) just wondering who else has had simlilar experiences.

No problems except for a paint defect on the hood, which was fixed under warranty. A/C went out, also fixed under warranty. Only "major" problems and 62K on my '01.

Same with Jeff C, I just have the paint cracking on my hood, but I don't consider that serious. I'm just over 42K and nothing more than a few squeaks and rattles from the back end which I'm still trying to pinpoint.

In the 18 months I owned my '01 4x4 Trac, I had no major drivetrain problems. I did have the popping sound while making right turns (rear bed mounts), squeakly tailgate, radiator hose rubbing on transmission dipstick, cracking leather seats, transmission whine, cam chain noise at hwy speed, wind noise at hwy speeds. Granted, none of these were major, but added together they really took the shine off the vehicle purchase.

Owned two Tracs so far.

1st never saw the shop other than 1 set of tires and oil changes.

2nd presently has an Air Bag sensor defective. Ford will replace for free. Never seen a shop other than oil changes.

No problems here...

As of Oct 17th, my Trac will be five years old & currently has 141,000 miles on her...

She's been a very reliable vehicle, and get's driven pretty hard...

I routinely drive to / from Los Angeles at least twice a week (live in San Diego)...

Make 8 to 12 trips a year to Mammoth Mountain (CA) for some snowboarding in the winter and hiking & fly fishing in the summer (425 miles one way). .. Getting ready for a trip to Lone Pine (Cottonwood Creek) for some Golden Trout fishing...

I also make 2 to 4 trips to Utah for the same activities, Park City & Provo (650 miles one way)...

Sorry that some on the site have not been as lucky...

[Broken External Image]:

57,000 Fires up every day. I drive the crap out of it and it keeps on running.

Would buy it again in a heartbeat.

Tom

Never had a serious problem,,, Just 21 or 22 little issues that were all fixed under warranty..

Todd Z

Getting close to 4 years with 77k on it, and nothing MAJOR...

Biggest thing was a new driveshaft, to replace the old vibrating one, which was fixed by Ford.

I've had to replace the lower ball joints, but that's not TOO major!

And I take it 'off road' (forest service roads) and 'commute' between Sacramento & Lake Tahoe as often as I can!

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
4+ years old and have no issues except a bad IAD sensor replaced about 3 years ago under warrenty. Other than that, has been great!!. Would buy another if an accident claims mine. Other than that, will keep for many years.

Have a good one

Bob

95k and no major issues! I replaced the thermostat at 65k and she was happy again! Nothing else besides normal maintenance....

I love my ST, but I regret to say I have outgrown her. Check the "For Sale" section for a listing soon... I'd love to send her to a loving family!

[Broken External Image]:

Radiator hose rub, otherwise normal maintenance for 85,000 miles. Still have the original tires with legal tread.

4 years old in January. Have replaced front brake pads and shocks but other then that never had any problems.

Well, i dont know what you all consider big problems, but i have 96,500 on my '01. In the last 10,000 alone, ive replaced all wheel bearings, ball joints, and shocks. I've gone through 5 sets of brakes so far, 1 torsion bar snapped last year, vacuum elbow, my right rear door handle still is broke, i got a klunk in the rear end, my paint is peeling, my running boards rusted to nothing, half of my dash lights have been out since 30k(which ford refused to fix under warranty!!!), and now im lookin at a possible tranny rebuild or at least something with the u joints or transfer box i hear. BUT.....

I STILL TOTALLY LOVE MY TRAC AND I KEEP PUTTIN MORE MONEY INTO IT:)

Latest posts