Who & where ( Not political )

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Steve, I didn't know that fact. My little bit of searching showed that these tires are an off brand of BFG but I didn't know the full circle.

Do I dare ask what become of Firestone during the Explorer rollover years? Last I knew, Bridgestone aquired them.

Last I knew, Bridgestone aquired them.

Bridgeston aquired Firestone long before the Explorer fisaco.

The trouble was narrowed down to one plant during a time when the company hired scab workers to replace the striking union workers. Tires made before and after the strike were safe. Only the ones made by unskilled labor had issues.

Tom

Think it's Bridgestone/Firestone now.

Actually the Goodrich is a split from B F Goodrich which went foreign, if I remember what I read.

I'm learning more than I want to know about tire brands :wacko: But I STILL can't find a retail outlet that list these that I have.:( I'll have to make a few calls tomorrow.

The trouble was narrowed down to one plant during a time when the company hired scab workers to replace the striking union workers. Tires made before and after the strike were safe. Only the ones made by unskilled labor had issues.

For real Tom? Were the "scabs" you mention, union workers who didn't honor the strike or were they actual workers hired to do strking employees jobs?

I ask because I don't know and the word "unskilled" describing tire makers doen't sit right with me!!

BTW...why did the union strike? Surely Firestone was "fair" with them!!!!!!

dave, never disagree with Tom, he is right, you are 100% wrong, thats the way it is always on this site, and always will be with a post whore.

dave, never disagree with Tom, he is right, you are 100% wrong, thats the way it is always on this site, and always will be with a post whore.

Didn't realize I was disagreeing with anyone in this post.

I'm sure Tom is right bill, but if not, I'm sure you are right!!!:wacko:

Come on man...

For real Tom? Were the "scabs" you mention, union workers who didn't honor the strike or were they actual workers hired to do strking employees jobs?

These were not picket busters. These were temporary workers hired to make tires while the men were on strike.

BTW...why did the union strike? Surely Firestone was "fair" with them!!!!!!

I do not remember the details, but the union was simply asking for a small raise to keep up with inflation and promises the plant would remain open. Bridgestone/Firestone wanted to close the plant and if the plant were to remain open, the guys would have to take concessions.

Tom

tom.you need to go to bed, take some tylenol, you have some major mental issues.

Prove me wrong.

Tom

P.S. Is that the recipie you use? I know I have taken numerous psyche tests and have passed them all. How many have you taken?