Worried about Tranny Flair

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Franklin

Reaction score
I have an 03 2wd. Did a tranny flush at 40k and I'm not having any issues that I've actually noticed. Is there anyway to prevent this from happening aside from walking? I saw this on ebay and was wondering if it was bogus or not.

Item number: 8024215144

Yeesh, Talk about getting your diy dander up, I've seen used 5r55e tranny's for 200 bucks and rebuild kits and valve bodies as well as the manuals all on ebay.

....I wonder.....

Some folks get this and others don't. Just be religious about getting the fluids changed. It is supposed to be done every 30K. I'd go on and change again at 60K, even though your first change was late.

The 03 tranny should have the corrected parts from the 01-02's...( which is what that ebay item is)

MY ST was an early 03 and I had the 2-3 flair... ( only when cold)

The first thing I did was increase the pressure via my x-calibrator flasher, then I Installed the shift kit and increased my EPC pressure. I did not do them all at the same time.

I learned the Shift kit is a waste of time. Cranking the pressure up seemed to be the best thing I could have ever done...

This can be done by following the EPC project in the project section, OR by getting the x-calibrator and re flashing the computer. BUT the xcal can only max out the EPC for what it is set for. BY manually adjusting the pressure ( EPC project) you will allow even a higher pressure.

I would Adjust the EPC first and never worry about the flair ups again...

Todd Z

Yuka, when I changed my tranny fluid from conventional to Amsoil, it was like I incerted a shift kit. All shifts are crisper and right on time.

Ed

Edman, what is this Amsoil thing? I am having a "newsed" tranny installed in my 01 ST, and I need to know what will work better whenever I cahnge my fluid again. Where can I get it? I live in Texas, so let me know asap! Thanks

Latest posts