$1500 repair bill

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
l1tech..

it isn't the import fees, it is companies not adjusting for the dang dollar. When our dollar was worth half of the US dollar an item here costs $1 canadian, now the the dollar is at par the item still costs $1. So really we are paying twice as much as a US person for the same part. Stupid books still have a Canadian and a US price stamped on them with a huge difference between the two, yet the dollar is at par. Funny how that works. So items here will cost more. That is why I buy stuff from Amazon.com and not Amazon.ca. Even with shipping .com is cheaper.

I just called some stores, hub/bearing assembly is $301.99 per side from NAPA. So it looks like prices are quite a bit higher here.

Edit: My shop got their parts from CARQUEST

Last edited by a moderator:
Olaf I realize that I quoted USD prices but according to my currency converter that I used online it comes out to $850 canadian...or am I missing something here.

See the quote in the post by Shaun T above me, yes the dollar is now at par, but our prices have not dropped on merchandise to reflect this. We are paying double what you guys are on a many products.

I guess it all depends on when they bought the merchandise. I have not kept up on the Canadian exchange rate (I live in AZ) but if the products they are selling are old stock then there is a good chance that those may be more expensive due to the exchange rate at the time when they were originally purchased...IDK

Edit: My shop got their parts from CARQUEST

Being a former employee, I will say that would the explain the higher cost of the parts.

Their mark-up is absolutely absurd. I could typically buy parts from Autozone, Kragen, and Pepboys for the same price as with my 20% employee discount.

Latest posts