90 Year Old Vet told to remove Flag by homeowners Assoc.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gary S. , because to win the Medal of Honor, means he went above and beyond the call of duty.to serve, and or protect, this country and his fellow personnel. Anyone that has done that,are the cream of the crop, of the people, that have served this country, and made your and my way of life in this country possible. Jesus Christ man, do you think you are able to live the life that you enjoy in this country because of a HOME OWNERS ASSOCIATION!!!!! Give credit and Honor where it's due.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pudge ironically states:
Jesus Christ man, do you think you are able to live the life that you enjoy in this country because of a HOME OWNERS ASSOCIATION!!!!! Give credit and Honor where it's due.

Letting this guy have his flag pole could very well be seen as doing a disservice to all those that have fought, suffered and died for the freedoms we have in this country!

TJR

I'm all in favor of rules for homeowners. Otherwise some a-hole will park a junkard on his front yard to work on but not get around to it for 20 years or another di*khead will park a 50 year old RV in his driveway that is only used by rats. But there has to be exceptions to everything. In this case I think the association should embrace what they have.

tom t,

agree

tom,

i chose to buy a home in HOA because i don't want to look at a run down convertAble :lol:

i could have purchased a house in the community without a HOA, but i didn't want to do the maintenance anymore. my house on long isle is not in a HOA and i was tired of looking at my ex-neighbors old 27 ft. non-running boat with a tarp over it. thank god they moved.

so how is it that i am paying a power hungry nobody?

140 a month for all the services with irragation is a damn good deal. :banana:

pudge,

i always give credit to ALL that serve(ed) this country.

but look at what you are saying, that everyone in america is NOT equal.

ex vet, is that what our country is all about? :huh:

140 a month for all the services with irragation is a damn good deal.

Your number seems high to me. Here is why...

You mow grass and water the lawn about 5 months a year. So, your cost is double. At the same time, you can have a private landscaper do it for MUCH less. I could have my yard done for about $50.00/month but choose not to. Why? Because this is something we can do ourselves.

HOA suck. For you it might be great.

My Brother-in-law lives in an alotment with a HOA. He is barred from building a shed for his mower. They are REQUIRED to burn a gas latern 24/7 and if the wick burns out and is not repaired in 24 hours, they get a $50.00 "ticket". They are not allowed to mow the grass in the center row behind the houses. That is for the HOA to do. Unfortunatly, it gets mowed 3 times a year, but if his grass gets more than 3" tall, then he gets a ticket. if not mowed withing 24 hours, the HOA will mow it and he will be billed $100.00 for a "mowing fee".

HOA's suck.

Tom

Try $800 per mo. in my complex

I could be living on 3/4 acre with a house that is 1800 Sq/Ft for that price alone. You don't even have to deal with a HOA that suffers from a severe case of LDS.

Tom

If the guy was dumb enough to buy into a neighborhood full of Nazi's, then he gets what he deserves.

I can never understand why ANYONE would be willing to live in a community with a HOA.

+1

I do what I damn well want on my land.

I do what I damn well want on my land.

AMEN.

Nobody can tell me what type of fence, or if I am even allowed to install a fence on my property. It is my property. I paid for it. I will not pay someone to tell me what to do.

Tom

i always give credit to ALL that serve(ed) this country.

but look at what you are saying, that everyone in america is NOT equal.

ex vet, is that what our country is all about?

Wake up. Everyone in America is NOT equal, and nothing in the Constitutuion guarantees that everyone will be equal.

I busted my ass and earned two masters degrees and work my ass off honestly and with care and quality. Yes, I have a more responsible job than some people. I even earn more money that some people. Are you saying I am a bad American for trying to better myself and be more "not equal" than some of the clowns I see hanging down at the bar all day?

HOA's suck.

Some do, some don't.

I pay nothing to mow my grass besides gas. I don't even mow it. That is the wifes job. I can also leave my vehicle on jack-stands overnight while I am working on it without getting some HOA moron wanting to call the national guard on me.

Have to consider the cost of the mower, storage, repairs and time, and some of us have better things to do than mow the grass. I can also leave my vehicle on jack-stands overnight, in my garage.

You mow grass and water the lawn about 5 months a year. So, your cost is double. At the same time, you can have a private landscaper do it for MUCH less. I could have my yard done for about $50.00/month but choose not to. Why? Because this is something we can do ourselves

You are really out-of-touch with the cost of a landscaper. In S. Florida you could't even get a landscaper to show up at your door for $50, much less cut your grass.

My Brother-in-law lives in an alotment with a HOA. He is barred from building a shed for his mower. They are REQUIRED to burn a gas latern 24/7 and if the wick burns out and is not repaired in 24 hours, they get a $50.00 "ticket". They are not allowed to mow the grass in the center row behind the houses. That is for the HOA to do. Unfortunatly, it gets mowed 3 times a year, but if his grass gets more than 3" tall, then he gets a ticket. if not mowed withing 24 hours, the HOA will mow it and he will be billed $100.00 for a "mowing fee".

Before he purchased he knew of these rules or he didn't read the documents. Blaming an HOA for the rules you agree to live by when you purchase is absurb. If things are so terrible why doesn't he get involved and try to improve the property? He can't be the only one that thinks these rules are unfair and many can be changed. If he is that unhappy he can always sell and move elsewhere.

HOA's serve a purpose, most are successful, some are terrible. A home built in S. Florida in the last 40 years comes with an HOA. Just part of life.

Nobody can tell me what type of fence, or if I am even allowed to install a fence on my property. It is my property. I paid for it. I will not pay someone to tell me what to do.

You are so niave, you pay taxes and they tell you what to do.

You are really out-of-touch with the cost of a landscaper.

You do not live where I live. What may be out of touch with you is right there for me. Our neighbor pays $35.00/month to have her grass mowed. For an extra $15.00/month she could get her leaves raked, grass fertilized, etc.

Welcome to Ohio where you make great money and spend little of it.

HOA's serve a purpose, most are successful, some are terrible.

Can the same be said about Unions? I was baiting Gary since he made the blanket statement that Unions are killing America.

Tom

This thread has turned into a white collar bashing blue collar...IMO

This what I have and you dont. Because I have it and you dont.....Think about it....Very deeply...Money talks and

They are REQUIRED to burn a gas latern 24/7

Why? Are they required to keep the torches burning until all the lost souls from the neighborhood make it back? Is his community a decoy target for the expected air raid from Canada? :rollseyes:

They only mow the grass 3 times a year?! Why even bother, that's as effective at maintaining a yard's aesthetics as taking a shower 3 times a year is in maintaining hygiene.

Sadly, the HOA nazis don't hold a candle to the state and county regulations. Here we can't even build a shed without a county permit, and may God have mercy on you if you have waterfront property as you can't even spit without getting a permit, since "maintaining the sanctity of the environment takes precedence over the whims of property owners". Yeah.

That's just ludicrous.

Why? Are they required to keep the torches burning until all the lost souls from the neighborhood make it back? Is his community a decoy target for the expected air raid from Canada?

Because that is what the HOA says to do.

They only mow the grass 3 times a year?! Why even bother, that's as effective at maintaining a yard's aesthetics as taking a shower 3 times a year is in maintaining hygiene.

That is because HOA's have two sets of rules. This is a row of grass that is about 10 feet wide and is located between the back yards of the houses. This property is owned by the land owners though. The do pay property taxes on it, but are not allowed to use it.

Sadly, the HOA nazis don't hold a candle to the state and county regulations. Here we can't even build a shed without a county permit, and may God have mercy on you if you have waterfront property as you can't even spit without getting a permit, since "maintaining the sanctity of the environment takes precedence over the whims of property owners". Yeah.

I can accept that over paying some HOA my money to tell me what I can or can't do.

Tom

That is because HOA's have two sets of rules. This is a row of grass that is about 10 feet wide and is located between the back yards of the houses. This property is owned by the land owners though. The do pay property taxes on it, but are not allowed to use it.

This is called a right-of-way usually for utility use. Here the home owner is obligated to maintain it, and can usually do with it what they want as long as there are no permanent structures. If must also be made available on request from utilities if needed for accessability, such as repairs. With many HOA's there is also "common property" that may run adjacent to your home but is "maintained" by the association at everyone's cost. This may include a small park or pool.

Tom, even though your brother knew of the rules when he moved in, it doesn't mean they can't be changed. Usually this takes more than just a majority rule, I believe ours is 2/3rds. Many of these rules were stipulated by the developer, in order to sell the original homes. The current residents, if motivated enough, can make a change. Usually, most don't care enough to get involved.

By the way, HOA's are not profit oriented and since even the board members are volunteers, they will pay their share. The motivation is to keep the cost as little as possible for everyone. The problem comes when the guy on the board can't even balance his own checkbook, and yes, some are involved because it gives them the only power they will ever experience. For most board members it is a thankless job that few do beyond one or two terms.

Latest posts