911 remembered !!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Schultz

Reaction score
After 9/11, we were after Ossama. Great !!! Into Afganistan (sp). We stop the Taliban and all are saying HooRah.

BANG -- we go into Iraq ??????? What have they ever done outside of Iraq other than Kuwaite (sp) ?

Ossama is still there and resoures there are being cut because of Iraq manpower requirements.

Someone tell me why are we at this point ??????????

I know I am missing 2 best friends.......:(:(:(

Todd Z

Unfortunately there is no true good answer, be it the truth or just lies. Lives have been lost and thats the only fact that needs to get noted. I am forever in debt to those that serve. I wish I could have enlisted as a teen, but ear problems early in life limited me. I feel for all partents that have children ( and i mean children cuz they dont get to live through childhood) and I feel for all those affected by 9/11 in ways that they lost someone. For those who serve and are member to this site.....

THANK YOU

We are at this point because the President of the USA decided this was the route to take. Right or wrong...good or bad...here we are. Don't believe all you read word for word. Read between the lines and pay attention to the term "Islamic Fascists".

I'd go on but you wouldn't take my answer at face value and my fingers would go numb before we would find common ground if ever. You know what is said about talking politics...

God Bless the USA and God Speed to all of our Brave Women and Men who are smack in the middle of it!!!!

If we weren't over there forcing them to focus time, energy, and resources to preventing Iraq from stabilizing; THEY WOULD BE DOING THAT SUiCIDE BOMBER STUFF OVER HERE.

Talk about a quick way to tank the US economy! Have some Jihaddie blow themselves up at Mall of America or a Six Flags Park or an NFL game. If you don't think their are elements of that crowd over here (or wanna-bees), you are living in a fantasy world.

I've lost two friends, KIA in Iraq, and one acquaintance KIA in Afghanistan. My tours over there were uneventful but I'd go back tomorrow if called up.

Some folks want to make this all about Bush, Chaney, or Rumsfeld. That's being a bit short sighted and ignoring the history of other events preceding 9/11. This attack would have happened even if Gore had won the election. The other question would be "what response would Gore have made." With Lieberman's hawkish comments, I bet we'd still be in this war.

We embrassed the Muslims in Kosovo, we launched several cruise missles in weak attempts at a show of force. But, what have the Jihaddies done? Lots and they are still trying to figure out more ways to kill us infidels.

Don't let your guard down folks...remember 9/11...and proudly fly your American flag!

Folks - the Iraq war has nothing to do with the war on terror. Prior to 9/11, the president was interviewed by the Discovery Channel when they were doing a special on Air Force One. The episode was filmed and aired before 9/11. I saw it. At the end, the interviewed the then new G. W. Bush and asked what would be his biggest planned accomplishement during his first term. He said "A regime change in Iraq." He planned to go there before 9/11 ever happened. I wish the administration would have kept the two separate. They didn't and now it's a huge political cluster.

Larry - Thanks for your service and your clearheadedness. Too many focus on this tree or that tree and miss the forest. They are fearful and want to shoot the messenger hoping that will bring a quick solution to the problem. I am proud and grateful for the sacrifices of your generation. Patience is a hard lesson for those raised in a remote control society. I expect we all have many lessons yet to learn. The service of people like you make me proud to fly OUR flag.

I realize that politics (sp) dictated what has happened over there. So. politics has dictated what has happened.

Politicions (sp) agreed what has happened, because it was unpopular to disagree, for political reasons ONLY !!

Will true reason return to our government or will "What is best for our party (where our money comes from ), My reelection, what is PC, or "is this best for our country".

Will either party change their ways - NO !!! - PARTY FIRST !!! THEN - whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Will either party change their ways - NO !!! - PARTY FIRST !!! THEN - whatever."

This is nothing new during wartime. It was the same during Kosovo, the first Gulf War, Panama, certainly Vietnam, Korea, WWII, WWI, Spanish American War, Civil War, War with Mexico and the wars before that. To act like politics is something new ignores history.

Why yes it is because of G.W. Tommy but guess what? What did the previous Presidnet do to counteract the threats?

You one name answer does not do justice to the cause...

Think and read...

Then realize the actual mission...

Our Women & Men in the thick of it would appreciate your support, regardless of your position

It's all because of G.W. only because he was the sitting president when the attacks happened.

I don't think a single politician would have stopped a military response somewhere in the world after the 9/11 attack. Does anyone remember how united this country was?

Does anyone remember the anti-Taliban messages in 1999-2001, do you remember Hollywood starlets vocalizing the plight of Afghani women? They were begging for the world to intervene! There was even a Dateline or 60 Minutes special report. They were calling for a regime change! But, the world wasn't interested in helping some women in a tiny, impoverished country half way around the world.

Doesn't anyone remember the mass murders committed by Saddam's death squads (and his two kids)? How about the revenge taken out upon the Kurds for believing that the USA would actually support them in a coup attempt. There were plenty of photos of gassed women and children. But, the world stood by and ignored it.

Nobody even cared when Saddam continuously thwarted UN weapons inspectors trying to do their job. If we'd had any cajones, he'd have gotten an ultimatum and the next facilty he blocked access to would have gotten leveled by several cruise missles. But, that was a UN mission and not just a US operation.

So, we get that regime change in both Afghanistan and Iraq; and nobody is happy. It just goes to show how little anyone actually cares about the world beyond their own circle of friends and we don't remember the details of significant events even a year or two earlier.

It's no wonder everyone is blaming Bush and we've all forgotten the miss cues of Clinton, Bush, Regan, Ford, Carter, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy, et al.

Go figure.

OK Tommy...I see we are on the same page or at least as close as we can be. (It's not Dems v.s. Repubs. Both parties have had their down falls.

I echo your post and you are exactly right about about no one (in the US) caring about what happens outsode their "circle". But guess what... I believe we in the U.S. are at the least "more" aware and concerned about that outter circle.

As far as Saddam...he had an ultimatium but chose to not care. He got his.

That's a GOOD thing, if you ask me.

But please everyone, like it or not, G.W. is Commander in Chief...

For those of you who do not know or don't care about the people over there, you should check out www.ogrish.com and see things our media, and most media around the world won't show you. It IS REALITY and it is very graphic so be warned. If you've never seen a picture of a bus that was blown up by a bomb, or any other form of terrorism, you can see how it really is. I'm not trying to shock anyone, I just want people to see what we're fighting against and what we're fighting for.

I knew 3 people who died in the WTC on 9/11. I played golf with them, I hung out with some of their kids when they were in town, they left families behind.

All of you who say we don't belong there, do you know how Saddam came to power? The US installed his regime because at the time he was better than having a Communist regime, now that the threat of Communism is no longer there, WE should be the ones to pull him out and clean up after him.

GW is the President, you may like it, you may not. If you don't like it, what are you doing to change it? Complaining on a message board? Unless you dislike him so much that you are taking action to do something, you really don't care that much. Oh, and for those of you who think Gore would have been so great at keeping gas prices down...he's an environmentalist. You think he'd try to keep gas prices down so we can keep driving our big bad SUVs? He'd be just as happy with everyone buying smaller cars.

OK then...didn't wanna hear my first post then. In short...Agree with ya Jeff. Had only 1 buddy perish in WTC1 and it really Pissed me off!!!

The P.O.'d feeling slowly turned to reality. This is what we are NOW faced with.

Those of you who are unsatisfied with the present scenerio, Make your vote count in around 2 years for now...BUT...don't go to the polls with a clouded mind. Read a lot, think a lot and then punch that chad. If you do that, then I will consider your bitching. If you don't want to miss your favorite TV program to vote... Then quitchurbitchin!!!

Let's get this GREAT country back to the place that we belong. The first step would be gratefulliness for those Women & Men trying to sort it out now. Without doubt!!!

On this fifth anniversary of 9/11/01, I plan to remember the victims of the bombings and their families. I'll also walk in the local Walk for Freedom. I will also be vigilant, because I know that terrorists like to plan their attacks on anniversaries of other attacks. Let's hope their future attempts will be thwarted just as countless others have been since that terrible day.

As a deployment manager for our unit, I send many people to Iraq and Afghanistan. I have not seen one of those ladies or gentlemen state any hesitance to go based on their political views. In fact, about half volunteered to be the one to go.

One of my troops volunteered for a 12-month tour in Afghanistan, and he will be leaving in April. His wife is fully supporting his decision, even though she will be left behind with their three small children.

Latest posts