911 remembered !!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TJR - I just checked with Iran. They say to mind your own business and stick your trust but verify. Now that they have a nuclear weapon, they intend an all out war unless of course we want to give up our arrogant ways by establishing an immediate tax increase to pay for the construction of new mosques, relocation of Israel to Antartica and the banning of all films and music (especially those involving skimpily clad women). Do you think that will never happen? Maybe not. They might not be so generous. ;-)

TJR,

I'm okay with that. Also know that if we eliminate enough of them, and I don't have a problem with that, then it is less people to have to keep an eye on.

Also I don't know what the Swedes and Norwegians did to the Muslims, except exist and let them live in their country.

http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/938

http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2006/07/norwegian-authorities-still-covering.html

My main point is that we have to stop giving people the cause.

Too late for that, bro'. There is no negotiation with people whose only goal is making you dead.

THEY are the ones with the problem, not us. Being my birthday, I get very agitated about the whole thing so I'm checking out on this issue now before I say something to get me banned from the site. Y'all know where I stand, I can't add anything to what I've already said.

Good talking with you, JohnnyO, like I said, I don't blame us, I don't defend them...I just understand how we could have done things differently, and should attempt to going forward.

Happy Birthday.

CB, nice. I guess under thatn scenario it would be a MAD (mutually assured destruction) situation and cold-war with Iran. Think we can win that like we did against Russia? All we need is enough money to out-spend them.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Mutually assured destruction is a bad situtation to be in with a group that straps bombs onto themselves and their children to kill 'the infidels'.

TJR - No, I don't think we can win that type of war because I've seen little evidence they love their children enough for that to work. I fear money alone won't win this type of war.

Robert P - I've saw this cartoon of course when it was captured. Does anyone know what the text says? That's a pretty funny picture of the Saddam.

Somebody once said about the Vietnam War...if we don't fight them there, someday we'll have to fight them in California. Well...maybe we could have beaten them in California. I served proudly for 7 years with the 101st Airborne and I bleed red, white, and blue but our boys are dying in Iraq for no good reason. I'm not blaming any partcular person or political party, just saying we have to get out of there right now. Random thoughts in no particular order...

1. You cannot negotiate with terrorists. If they have no regard for their own lives, you can certainly believe they have no regard for yours or mine. They understand how Americans think and know what it takes to frighten/provoke us. The only way to deal with terrorists that take innocent lives is to terminate the lives of the terrorists. If that offends any pacifists who believe in turning the other cheek, I can only say that all that is necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. That does not mean you should invade serveral mid-eastern countries to prove your point. It does mean we should kick the ass of any organization or country that supports or harbors terrorists.

2. Does profiling piss you off? I don't care! All Arabs are not terrorists...but...all terrorists are Arabs. Are we going to carefully watch all Arabs that use our transportation system. Duh...yeah.

3. As a veteran, I feel qualified to say...Donald Rumsfeld is one crazy son-of-a-bitch. I played with the best of the bad boys and the gleam in Rumfeld's eyes frightens even me sometimes. But he doesn't know jack shit about running a war and just because they keep making body bags does not mean we have to keep filling them up with our troops.

4. You want to make this about religion? Muslim terrorists interpet the Koran differently than most mainstream Muslims. The concept of my God is better than your God and I'm willing to kill you to prove it is not new to the human race but killing hundreds of innocent people in crowded marketplaces with car bombs is relatively new to the human race and I find it curious/reprehensible that the vast majority of the Muslim world is not willing to do what is necessary to stop their twisted fellow believers from doing these things.

What does it all mean? Should we just pull back to the confines of the U.S. and not play policeman of the world? Will terrorists quit killing us if we do? Does that mean we should not help our allies and friends overseas? I wish I had an answer but terrorism did not start with any particular political administration. It has been with us for a long time and will continue to be with us for the forseeable future.

I listen to the soldiers and marines who are or were there. I have met a number at all ranks. They are good men who are doing something. Were they not convinced of the rightness of what they are doing they would not be reenlisting in large numbers. I hold the opinion of these good men in much higher esteem than any politician or veterans from other wars.

I've only been in the military for about 2 1/2 years now, I haven't been to the desert yet, I'll be headed there next year and I can't wait!! Not every man and woman will agree with what we are doing over there, but we are over there to help keep this country safe. After 9-11-01, we went over there to get Osama and the taliban, we ended up getting Sadam which many people wonder why we got him instead of Osama. Well we needed to get Sadam and we saw the oppertunity to get him, so we did. Iraq had many training camps and hide-outs for terrorists groups and they are slowly depleating, which helps make our country a little bit safer. We are much safer now then we were 5 years ago, because now we are fighting terrorist at there home instead of them coming here killing Americans on US soil. Since we are there, there aren't as many places to safely hide so they are, for the most part, on the move all the time, making it more difficult for them to plan attacks against the US, which again makes our country safer. Not only is our country safer, but we are also able to help a country that lived in fear for many years be free.

Thats just my 2 cents...

C2

A little culture for the masses...Shakespeare, Henry V...not an anti-Bush thing...just seemed appropriate to the situation...after all...every man has to get to heaven in his own way...

"But if the cause be not good,

the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make,

when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle,

shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place;

some swearing, some crying for a surgeon,

some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe,

some upon their children rawly left.

I am afeard there are few die well that die in a battle;

for how can they charitably dispose of any thing, when blood is their argument?

Now, if these men do not die well,

it will be a black matter for the king that led them to it;

whom to disobey were against all proportion of subjection."

I just understand how we could have done things differently, and should attempt to going forward

"Oh please Mr Terrorist... what is it about us that makes you so mad? What is it we change to make you like us?"

Bang..... BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG

"How's about 30 round in you, infidel?"

Once again, R Shek assumes way too much. I'm not a bleeding heart liberal who wants to negotiate with terrorists. I think we do need to purge as many as possible as quickly as possible. But we also have to change our ways as a nation...and by that I mean our foreign policies. If we can't agree with that then I fear we will fight terrorism enmasse, global-wide forever.

I'm not a bleeding heart liberal

I just understand how we could have done things differently, and should attempt to going forward

Pardon me, but it sure looked that way from here.

So eactly what must change? Our support of Isreal? The fact that we are a Christian Nation? Take away our freedoms? Become a Islamic state?

That's what these people want. You don't covert to their form is islam, you die. It's really that simple.

R Shek, once again assumes to much and doesn't realize he is talking to someone who supports the Iraq war, voted for Bush twice, but can still be introspective to our foreign policy when he asks:
So eactly what must change? Our support of Isreal? The fact that we are a Christian Nation? Take away our freedoms? Become a Islamic state?

Those are absurd questions. Of course not.

But, we must stop propping up one dictatorship one decade, arming them, and letting them do whatever they want to their people, then abadon them and their people and prop up some neighbor the next decade to wage war on our once ally. We have been doing that in the Middle East for decades, and its is coming home to roost.

TJR

These folks only want one thing, and that is me and you dead. There is no negotiation. I'm simply in favor of whatever works and that ain't going to work. They need to be eliminated. Their POV, if they can kill us and take themself out too, that's cool, so my POV is that if we kill them that's half of what they wanted anyway. :D

Friends of my parents are visiting this week, big-time Libs. We're having lunch at Wendy's yesterday, the lady says something about "It's terrible about the 20,000 people we've killed over there."

I said, "Yes, it isn't nearly enough."

"You can't be serious!"

"Absolutely. My government is run by a bunch of wimps who are afraid to nuke Mecca and vaporize a few millon people. I'll happily push the button and I'll sleep very well that night. Better actually."

She started hyperventilating.

That was fun.

Of course if everything was the same only we had a Dem President, they'd be all over protecting us from terrorism and giving the Iraqis human rights.

Right, JohnnyO, that's why I say we need to clean up the mess that we have helped to create, clean Middle Eastern house and root out terror cells throughout the world and do so as quickly and effectively as possible. I don't consider that negotiating or being soft on terror.

But, as we do that, why would ANYONE find controversy with my statement that we ALSO need to examine our failed foreign policies of the past and learn from them and do things differently going forward.

It's not an "either, or", solution as I think we need to do both, lest we continue to contribute to the conditions that allow for mad men like OBL to recruit.

TJR

we ALSO need to examine our failed foreign policies of the past and learn from them and do things differently going forward.

My mom's friend said much the same, and I don't disagree. So did Bush on Monday night ("Stability in pursuit of peace produced neither" or some such). I'm just saying that it's too late for that and I don't think it will work. We are dealing with primitive people and a primitive religion who do not care if they die and will not respond to logic or negotiation.

I think we are saying the same thing JohnnyO. Yes, it's too late to solve the terrorist problem by changing foreign policy now. I agree with that. There is only one way to deal with the current terrorist threat. My point is that if we don't also change our foreign policy going forward, we will always be fighting terrorists on a scale we simply can't afford (from the standpoint of dollars and cents and lives). Let's do both!

TJR

Latest posts