Atermarket HU recommendations?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm lookin to replace the factory deck on my "02 ST. Any recommendations? I'm tryin to keep it around $200 and lookin for something that plays at least mp3 and wma. Or if nothing else a brand recommendation. I eventually wanna replace the four OE speakers and add an amp and at least 1 - 10". Thanks people.

- Ricky

not sure what specific model numbers, but I recommend Alpine. I like their decks because whether you choose high end or entry level, they always include an in deck EQ that is user friendly and adjustable to suit your music taste.

Jason

i second the alpine, i also would recommend pioneer, both decks are about as good as u can get and u can't go wrong with any of their models.......i have had others ie. sony, and clarion and had nothing but problems with them, especially with skipping!!!talk to jd about the subs, he makes boxes especially for the trac

Alpine! Mine is 5 years old now and still works perfect. Make sure you upgrade those door speakers also.

i just order a MEXBT-5000 from sony. In my opinion the only good thing (car audio wise) that sony makes are there head units, stay away from the speakers and subs.

I am having it installed today and it handles everything, even bluetooth. So now when someone calls, my music stops, the Call display shows up on he deck, I can choose to answer or ignore the call. If you answer the call it is broadcast through your speakers. When I am done with the call the music starts from where I left it.

You can find this deck on ebay for under $300.00

I am on the road alot and I found this really handy. The only other Bluetooth Deck that is nicer that I could find is a Pioneer Premier deck (pioneer is crap unless you buy there premier line) but it is about $600.00.

wait.... according to Crutchfield the ST won't take a double din deck. Is this not quite a double din? Or is a double not something ford typically does but did in the case with the ST?

rickrod, i'm looking for a new after market headunit too, and what i found looking through this site is that the ST is something like 1.75 din. alot of people have cut a bit of the faceplate to make a double din fit in there. there is a project on it, and a good forum post here:

This site is great, can look at gear for hours. The decks I like are all in your price range, here is one;

They have about eight brands of shallow mount subs too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey folks...thanks for all of the recommendations but I just ordered a Pioneer DEH-P9800BT. Sure it's only a single din and I will have to fight the gap but it's one heck of a deck and the features look incredible. Ill be sure to post pics when I get done.

Thanks again

Don't laugh!. It's a great Level One upgrade for around $250.

It is a Dual H/U, 220 watts, motorized detachable face, full function

credit card remote, 5 e/q plus one custom paramater, and 4 Pioneer

3-way door speakers. If you look carefully through the grilles, you can

see the mids and tweeters on the speakers. Excellent highs and decent

bass for 4 6x9 door speakers.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

You can get a Pioneer or Sony H/U for around the $130 dollars that I paid

for the Dual, but they don't have all the cool features this one has.

Again, this is just a good upgrade from the stock system. You're not gonna win

any I.A.S.C.A competetions with it.

(Trivia of the Day...: What is the I.A.S.C.A?)

:unsure::blink:

what are the advantages of going with 2 way speakers over 3 way? are there any? Im lookin to replace fronts and backs but I eventually wanna add a sub...any suggestions? I hear infinity speakers are good.