belt chime

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Owners Manual (Pages 110-111)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to be the second smart ass to say to wear your seatbelt. I work as a paramedic and I've scraped too many body parts off the road. Pickups love to eject their unbelted occupants in rollovers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just in case any other smart a$$ wants to chime in, just like a nanny, I always wear my seat belt. I feel uncomfortable without it. So, don't presume. A thanks to swshawaii. I was able to find it in the manual after posting my question.

My chime doesn't activate until I have driven 1/2 mile or about 4 minutes of driving my Trac. I can say it has the least intrusive seatbelt reminder of any vehicle I have owned.

I recall this was annoying on my Gen 1 but not my 2008 Gen 2 Adrenalin. The chime waits awhile so it never bothers me. I too have seen way too many accidents with pickups and heard that the occupants were ejected - not sure if it's the weight of these vehicles but suspect so. I can't drive without the belt as I had a drivers ed teaching in the 70's who nearly beat the hell out of us if we did not put the belt on first thing .... he made quite an impression on my young mind that I never changed after that.

Yes, but I have heard people that have deactivated it so I get it. I just hope the belt gets buckled as we don't need to lose anymore Sport Trac Fans. :)

Latest posts