Call me stupid

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith L 2

Reaction score
I'm probably not the first one to do this, but I feel like an idiot. I was changing the coolant in my Trac and after flushing the system twice I was tightening the drain cock and the head of it broke off. Now I'm going to have to stick something into the drain to back out the part with the threads from the radiator tank. What a pain. It also started raining and I was having to work in it. Any good advice on what to use to back out the plastic threads from the radiator? Alright, stop laughing. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Um, ok, STUPID! Just kidding, couldn't resist. As for your problem, I would try to maybe find a reverse threaded screw, but that could be a feat in itself, or a bolt extractor. When I worked at a lawnmower repair place they had a reverse set of drill bits. We would use them to extract a broken bolt. They may work being that it is plastic. Just be careful not to got to far.;)

Stupid,

The best tool to use for this procedure is commonly referred to as the "TWELVE PACK"...:lol:

Latest posts