cleaning the leather

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Sayre

Reaction score
What works well to clean the leather interior? I've got 2 months of sippy cup spills, food, dirty shoes, and dog slobber on the seats, and it doesn't have that 'fresh' smell anymore. What does everyone use to clean them?

--Bob

I got the Motorcraft leather cleaner that they use at the dealership. You can buy directly from your service department. They use it to detail the vehicles. Works well for me.

I've used Armor All Leather Wipes quite a few times and they've worked well.

I have used Armor All wipes and then hit them with their leather care. Looks good when you are done. I just started to use Maguires all in one leather care and kind of like it better. Doesn't stay as greasy as Armoral Leather care but also doesn't keep the shine like AA.;)

I've only used Meguires so I've no experience with other brands. I have gray leather interior and when I cleaned the seats I notice that repeated cleaning of one area always produced a dark stain on my white thiery cloth. Either the product is having a hard time removing dirt completely or the gray in the leather is running. I'm leaning towards the latter so I just won't scrub too hard or too much next time.

Latest posts