Cruise Control issue?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blksn8k

Reaction score
I noticed that the cruise control on my 07 V-8 Limited now has an annoying hesitation when descending long grades. When I get to the bottom of the hill it does not pick up the throttle until it drops about five mph below the set speed. I didn't notice this until after installing the Xcal2 from Bamachips. Anyone else have this problem with or without the Xcal2? :unsure:

CLM, sounds like it might be a common issue with this setup then. Have you contacted Doug about this?

Don't want to dig up old bones but this really bugs me. I e-mailed Doug and he said he would check with SCT but that was several days ago and I haven't heard anything since.

For those who say they have never experienced this issue with or without the Xcal2, do you do much driving on highways with a lot of elevation change? If all your driving is on flat roads you might not notice this problem. I drive mostly in Ohio, which is relatively flat, and in PA on I-80 where there are stretches of up one hill and down the other side then up the next. If I have the cruise set on say 70 mph it will drop to about 65 when I get to the base of the next hill. By the time the computer senses that the speed has dropped below where it was set it says "Oh sh??" and downshifts the transmission once or twice to try and return to the set speed. By this time I am well up the hill and anyone that I may have just passed, such as a semi rig, is now beside me or worse yet, about to run up my tailpipe. Those guys want to hit the bottom of the hill wide open to maintain their momentum and this is exactly where I am at my lowest speed. Not a good combination. Needless to say, none of this is good for fuel mileage and it very annoying. Maybe its just me but I also think it is unsafe to have semi trucks running up my butt. The result of all this is that when I drive this stretch of highway I am constantly running with my foot on the accelerator so that I can maintain the set speed every time I start up the next hill. Kind of defeats the purpose of having cruise control. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator: